In this digitization era, we cannot imagine a single hour without the internet and mobile phones. What we witness everywhere is mobile phones in the hands of every individual.
As the world is pacing by, we can see a significant advancement in technology and electronic gadgets. Consider the time when we used the 2G internet network.
But, it was too slow and time-taking to open any website or download files. The 3G wireless network came on 1st September 2010. It was definitely faster than a 2G network.
With the launching of Reliance Jio, the 4G network took a step in India. It was at this time, when an appealing change took place in the networking spectrum in India.
After introducing Reliance Jio, the cost of data services was comparatively low (free) until 31st December 2016. Apart from the cheap internet services, it ensured high-quality voice calls supported by VoLTE.
Despite such enormous benefits, the main problem was the lack of 4G phones to support 4G SIM. Everyone couldn't buy a 4G handset to avail the benefits of 4G data services.
As there was a sudden shifting of people from 3G to 4G data services, the common question was, 'how to upgrade 3G phones to support a 4G SIM?' Today, there are several methods to convert a 3G handset into a 4G one. The internet shows several techniques, in which some are fake, while some are real.
To ensure the efficient functioning of the phone, you need to follow strategic and proven steps. The processor of the phone plays an active role in the method chosen for conversion. Here is the list of different methodologies that one can choose as per the convenience.
Steps to Convert 3G Phones with MediaTek Processors into a 4G One
The essential factor you should know before choosing this technique is that the phone should have a 4.4 version of Android or higher than this (it must be rooted).
- 1From the Google play store, install an app called MTK Engineering Mode.
- 2Open the app and go to MTK settings followed by the Preferred Network option.
- 3Select GSM/ 4G LTE/ WCDMA as a network mode.
- 4Save the settings and reboot your device for once.
- 5After you reboot the device, insert the 4G sim in slot 1. Keep the other slot/s empty to prevent the device from hanging.
- 6Finally, switch on the phone and you are ready to see a 4G Network on your phone.
The only complication with this method is that you may fail to get the 4G speed soon after inserting the 4G sim.
Steps to Convert Samsung 3G Mobiles or Redmi 1S Mobiles to 4G
It is quite easy to convert 3G phones of Samsung and Redmi. Just dial *#*#4636#*#* in your 3G device. No sooner the page occurs, choose the Phone Information option amidst several options.
Choose GSM/ LTE auto (PRL) or any LTE option. Even after you complete the conversion setting, you may face network issues. In such a case, select the network manually in your device.
If the problem persists, follow these steps:
- 1Download Xorware 2G/3G/4G Interface and Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher apps.
- 2Open the app and choose network settings.
- 3Select 4G LTE as a network mode.
- 4Finally, click on Apply and restart your device.
How to Convert 3G to 4G to any android phone
Steps to Convert for Qualcomm Chipset Devices
- 1Install Shortcut Master (Lite) app on your device.
- 2Click on the menu and search 'engineering mode' or 'service menu.'
- 3Select the 'System App' option, click on it for Deep Search and further change LTE bands.
- 4If it does not work, move to 'Engineering mode' and select Change LTE bands. Even if this option also does not work, then
Convert 3G Phones to 4G Easily in 7 Steps
- 1In phone's dialer keypad, dial *#*#636#*#
- 2After dialing, you will move to a testing screen. Here, you will find four options, wiz, Usage Statistics, Phone Information, Wi-Fi Information, and Battery Information.
- 3Select Phone Information option
- 4Click on "Set Preferred Network Type" among the list of options.
- 5Next, click on CDMA/ GSM/ LTE auto (PRL)
- 6Scroll down and click on Update Button.
- 7Finally, the phone can support the 4G network. If an error occurs while updating, try other types of network options like LTE.
What's the Difference Between 3G and 4G?
Converting a 3G phone to 4G is not long process nor hectic. Instead, it is easy to update the phone within a few minutes. However, it has some requirements like the mobile should have Android 4.4 KitKat version, MediaTek chipset, and an active 4G sim.
These are the few common and easy ways to convert your 3G phone to support the 4G network. Before you choose any method, it is essential to root your device.
Rooting, by the way, is quite risky as it may impact the privacy of mobile data. It may even increase the entry of several viruses that lowers the efficiency. Although the steps are easy and convenient, it is of no use if you fail to follow all steps accurately.
One has to compromise on the speed factor of the 4G network just because the 3G version does not have all efficient processors to support different applications. Before following each step of converting a 3G phone into a 4G device, you should be aware of the pros and cons.