Edited By Piyush Kashyap, Reviewed By Gulshan
Every device has its own graphics card, however, many users are not aware of it because they do not use such cards in their system.
But at times of damage or system interruption, a user needs to change the card so that the graphics will manipulate the image creation smoothly.
Checking the Current GPU
Some easy steps to check GPU in laptop at the time of alternation of card:
- 1Click on the start button.
- 2Then click ‘Run’ on the start menu
- 3Then, a dialog box will appear on your screen, where a user needs to type “dxdiag”; type it without any quotation or punctuation mark. Then click ‘Ok’ to proceed further.
- 4Now, it opens the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, where the user needs to click on the display tab.
- 5In the display tab, all the relevant information pertaining to the graphic card will appear on the ‘device’ section of the display, where the user can find the graphic card’s name as well as its memory capacity too.
With Windows 10
If you have Windows 10 in your laptop and you want to check your graphic card and its usage details, you can do so in this way:
- 1Go to the taskbar and click on the “Task Manager” and to open it, press Windows+Esc.
- 2On the window at the top Click on “Performance”, if there is no tab showing on the window, Click on “More Info” select “ GPU()” from the sidebar. Your GPU’s manufacturer and its model name will be displayed on the window at the top right corner.
- 3Moreover, you can see other information as well, for example, the total memory of the GPU in this window, etc.
- 4The Task Manager also shows the usage amount of your GPU.
Video: How to Check Graphics Card on Windows 10
With Windows 10/8/7 PC.
Here is another way to check the GPU of the laptop using the Task Manager.
- 1Open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del).
- 2Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard at the same time, and choose Task Manager. Select Task Manager to open it.
- 3Click on ‘More Details’ to check the detailed information of running tasks in Windows 10 or 8 or 7 PC.
- 4You can find out something like “Computer Graphics Card” Information.
- 5Next, tap on the Performance tab, and click the GPU option to check computer GPU information. You can check the GPU model, current usage rate, the graphics card driver, the version and its performance, etc as per your requirements.
Is a graphics card really important in laptops or PCs? The most asked question regarding graphic cards. Here is the answer:
It's really important if you need one, and not important at all if you don't. If you do not need this and all your daily work on your laptop is fulfilled, don’t worry. You are safe. Your laptop has enough juice to satisfy all your needs.
All thanks to technology, which is improving our way of living and helping us to fulfill all our demands.