There are various prospects to investigate in the more current variants of Microsoft Word which offer significantly upgraded robotized highlights.
As it were, the whole content handling space developed with the advancement of Microsoft Word.
Sometimes, while working on a document, you come across a blank page either in the middle or at the end of our Word document. You don’t seem to be able to delete it. This is a common problem when working on Microsoft Word.
However, there are some ways to go about deleting this unwanted page.
Fix 1: Deleting the page with shortcuts
- 1Tap the blank page you wish to delete, then press Ctrl + G (Option+⌘ + G for macOS).
- 2A box with ‘enter the page number’ appears. Type page number.
- 3Press Enter and then close the box.
- 4After verifying, a page of content is selected, then press Delete on your keyboard.
Fix 2: Using the backspace key: One of the basic approaches to this is using the backspace key
- 1Click on the lowermost point of the page you want to delete.
- 2Keep pressing the Backspace key and delete the page.
Fix 3: Using the navigation pane
- 1Click on the ‘View’ tab on the upper side of the toolbar.
- 2From the ‘Show’ section, select on the navigation pane.
- 3In the tab named Pages, select the Blank Page Thumbnail. It is visible in the left of the panel.
- 4Now, press the Delete key till the blank page is completely erased.
Fix 4: Check the sections
- 1In the tab of Page Layout, tap on the Margins.
- 2Tap the option, Custom Margins.
- 3On clicking the Layout button, a drop-down menu will appear next to the Section.
- 4Click OK, after you are sure that the New Page is selected.
How to delete extra page in Word document (5 quick fixes)
Fix 5: Using paragraph symbols
If even after all these methods, you either can’t find your blank page or delete it, turn on the Paragraph (¶ ) button. This helps you check the positions of all the line breaks in your Word Document. Click the ‘¶’ button or use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + 8.
Fix 6: Check Pagination settings
- 1In the event that you have a major gap and you can't perceive any section markers or page break images, check the pagination settings.
- 2Firstly click into the passage at the head of the following page (the section after the enormous gap).
- 3Click right over the passage and select Paragraph. At the point when the Paragraph discourse box opens, click on to the Line and Page Breaks tab
- 4Eliminate the check mark from the Page break before the alternative box and snap OK.
- 5You should now have eliminated the huge gap and your passages will be back together once more.
Fix 7: Eliminating an empty last page
- 1In the event that you have an empty last page in your archive that isn't vanishing when you select the passage marker and press Delete, attempt this.
- 2From the Home tab turn on your Show/Hide characters and afterward go to the second to last page of your record.
- 3In the event that you can see a page break image, select it, and erase it.
- 4In the event that you can see many section images with void passages, select these and erase these.
- 5You should now have eliminated your clear last page.
Fix 8: Eliminating undesirable page breaks
Fix 9: Still, no help? Check your section breaks:
There are many ways to create a blank page in Word using section breaks. For example, Next Page, Odd Page, Even Page. If the blank page is towards the end of the document, then you can glide your cursor over the section break and press Delete.
Sometimes, when your blank page is in between your document, just deleting the section break may cause formatting problems. When working with pages having different formats, it’s better to keep the section break and not delete it so that you can retain formatting options.
This is because on deleting the section break between the two pages of different formatting, the page before will take on the settings of the page after the section break. However, in MS Word, we get the option of having ‘Continuous Section Breaks’ to preserve the formatting changes and not insert a blank page.
Steps to change the section breaks to continuous section breaks:
- 1Glide the cursor over to the section break of choice.
- 2Tap on the tab of layout.
- 3Select and tap the Page Setup dialog launcher.
- 4Select the layout tab once again, in the dialog box.
- 5On clicking the ‘Section Start’ drop-down menu, select ‘Continuous’.
How to delete Extra pages in Microsoft Word for Mobile
Fix 10: To delete blank page in MS Word for Mobile
- 1Long press anyplace on your cell phone screen to flip the select mode.
- 2Select the page[s] or substance that you need to erase.
- 3Click on delete to eradicate the page from your word record.
These methods ensure that the user gets the skills to delete an unnecessary blank page in MS Word without having to lose the formatting changes. Even if you delete the wrong content by mistake, just undo by pressing Ctrl+Z. We hope one of the methods will surely work for you. Happy Computing!