The “Avast Antivirus” is an important shield to protect our computers.
But sometimes this antivirus interrupts the computer to install or run some files, applications, drives, and media such as videos, etc. successfully.
This problem occurs because the antivirus is unable to identify that software.
So, if you face this problem and you fail to install some of your important software due to this antivirus, then you can disable the software of Avast antivirus from your system either permanently or maybe for a short period.
This function will not uninstall the “Avast Antivirus”, but for a certain period, it may be fully turned off from your system. In this article, we will guide you on how to disable the “Avast Antivirus” from your computer for a short period following some easy steps.
First Step: Search the Avast Icon from your Computer System
When you click on the taskbar of your computer window all the notifications will appear and from that notification, you have to find out the “Avast” icon. Once you right-click on that icon, you will see a complete list of alternatives associated with its security.
Second Step: Go for “Avast Shields Control”
From the all appeared list click on the option “Avast Shields Control”. Immediately you will see a list of options such as:
Select the option which you want to apply for your computer system. Once done, Avast will ask you for confirmation and then you have to click YES to confirm your choice of options.
Third Step: Find out whether the Avast Antivirus is Disabled or Not
After you tap on YES, to turn off or pause the shields as per your selection of time, you can check whether it works or not.
To do this, click on the orange icon of Avast and when the main page of Avast antivirus will open, if you see the red notification highlighting “All antivirus shields are off” means your settings for disable the shields are working for you.
It will remain disabled for the time that you have selected. Once you want to get back to the function, you have to click on the button “Resolve”, and instantly you will notice one pop up message confirming your protection.
How To Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely - The Best Way To Remove or Delete Avast Antivirus
The Process to Disable Avast Shields from Settings
To perform this action, you must go to the ‘setting’ option in Avast. Follow the below steps one by one to disable Avast shields from settings:
- 1Double click on the Avast icon that showed on the desktop of your computer screen and click on the ‘settings’ (you will find it in the extreme bottom of the left side)
- 2After opening settings, go for the components option and click on it. You can see File system shield, Behavior Shield, Mail Shield, Web shield-like options in the component section.
- 3To disable Avast shields you have to turn off File system shield, Mail shield, and Web shield, and also you have to decide how long this particular shield will be disabled and then select confirm option(you can see this confirm option in the dialog box).
- 4Once confirmed, the process of disabling Avast shields from the setting option is complete, and the Avast antivirus will be disabled from your computer.
The Process to Disable Particular Avast Shields
In some cases, you can also turn off particular Avast shields and can start downloading some files, videos, or maybe some apps. Let’s find out these simple ways how to disable some particular Avast shields:
- 1Open the Avast page by double-clicking on the Avast icon and select ‘Protection’ (you will see it in the left side second from the above).
- 2Select ‘Core Shield’ once you click on this core shield, you will be able to see a list of all Avast core shields. From that list, you can find out the particular one that you want to turn off and click on turn off the switch.
- 3You will find four options to turn off the shield and these are turn off for 10 minutes, turn off for 1 hour, turn off till the computer restarts again or turn off permanently. You can choose one option.
- 4When the Avast shield is turned off, you can see a message confirming that particular file shield, that it is now turned off.
- 5If you want to get back and turn on that specific file again then switch it on and when it will green means the Avast shield is on and immediately you will see a message that you are now protected
You can easily disable your Avast antivirus with these hassle-free steps.