My Computer is an essential feature in the Microsoft window. This feature allows the users to discover and control the files and documents of drives on the Desktop.
Sometimes My Computer icon is not shown by default on the Desktop while installing a new window.
You have to perform some modifications in the desktop setting manually to restore the My Computer icon.
My Computer icon lets the user access everything on the Desktop like CD or DVD, local drives, folders, USB disk, and more without trouble.
In an earlier window OS, My computer feature is called This PC. It is one of the functional icons for desktop users. If anyone does not find this feature on your desktop screen, don’t panic.
It is hidden so you can follow a few steps to get the missing My Computer icon in all windows Desktop. The window includes lots of images on the Desktop, such as this PC, user folder; recycle bin, and much more based on the user setup.
Many icons are included by default on Windows 7, 8, or 10 desktops. It is straightforward to show and hide any image on your Desktop within a few clicks. If you have removed My Computer icon on the Desktop, then don’t know how to get them back – here are some tips for doing it.
Step by step guidelines to get My Computer icon in window 7, 8 or 10
All operating systems like Windows 7, 8, or 10 have different actions to display My Computer icon. Follow the procedure according to your window operating system.
Pin My Computer Icon in Windows 7
- 1Right-click on blank desktop space.
- 2Next, Go to the personalization option.
- 3Once the personalization control panel appears on the window, hit on the change desktop icon.
- 4Now the desktop icon setting dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- 5From the desktop icon set, tick the check-box Computer.
- 6In the dialogue box, other options will show, and many options will be unticked. It means that the icons are not shown on the Desktop.
- 7Check other options you need to enable.
- 8Then hit on the ok button to save all changes.
- 9Close the dialogue box and go back to the Desktop.
- 10Now you can see My Computer icon on the Desktop.
Instructions to restore My Computer icon on Desktop in Windows 8
If you don’t see My Computer icon in Desktop Windows 8, don’t worry, there is a simple way to restore the missing My Computer icon to the Desktop.
- 1Right-click on Desktop and choose the personalized option in the menu.
- 2It will take the user to the settings app on their Desktop.
- 3Tap the theme under the personalization setting.
- 4Hit on change desktop icon option.
- 5Choose Computer to display on the window 8 desktop.
- 6Click on the ok button.
- 7Now the My Computer icon will show on the Desktop.
How to Show My Computer on Windows 10
This PC icon might be hidden on your Desktop. If you are using the window 10 PC, you can right-click the Desktop and choose the view option. Then pick the desktop icon to view them. You can follow the below-given steps to restore this computer icon in the window 10.
- 1First of all, choose the start window button and click settings.
- 2Next click on the personalize option in the setting.
- 3Hit on themes under personalization.
- 4Choose the desktop icon setting.
- 5Tap the box next to the Computer and click the control panel and user file to bring this computer icon to the Desktop.
- 6Click the apply button.
- 7Now hit on ok option.
- 8Please right-click on the choice of This PC and choose to rename it.
- 9Now type My Computer and hit on the enter button.
- 10Finally, My Computer icon will be displayed on the screen.
Purpose of My Computer Folder on the Desktop
You can find My Computer Icon on the top-left side and the start menu in the window in the Desktop. My Computer folder is the multipurpose tool in Windows 7, 8, and 10.
It is the entry to the entire data stored on the Desktop, network, plus shortcut to the system information. With the help of this folder, you can easily update the system. My Computer folder is used for different purposes.
- 1This folder offers a shortcut to a window with the Computer information. Right-click on the My computer folder and choose properties option. Get basic details about the Desktop in the general tap like window version, installed RAM, system CPU, and others.
- 2You can access My Computer folder in different places on the Desktop. The folder becomes visible in the window explorer, on the start menu, and the PC’s Desktop.
- 3Main purpose of this folder is to give a shortcut to the window explorer. By double-clicking on the My computer folder and choosing the option to open windows explorer. Windows explorer is a tool that the people use to browse files and documents on the Desktop. It is used to transfer data between two devices and store files, pictures, documents and music on the PC.
How to Display the “My Computer” Icon on the Desktop
Hope this guide will be useful in restoring My Computer icon on Windows 7, 8, or 10 desktops. My Computer feature permits the user to open a window explorer to explore the system's files and hard drive. In My Computer, you can find all programs, files, documents, and others on the Desktop.