Based on the accurate biometric and demographic data, the residents of India or passport holders can obtain a twelve-digit distinctive number known as Aadhaar number.
The data collected for allocating Aadhaar is done by the UIDAI, which stands for the Unique Identification Authority of India. It was established in the year 2016 by the Government of India.
It is only a proof of residence and does not ensure the citizenship of any person.
Advantages of Aadhaar:
While Aadhaar card contains all the necessary details of an individual like biometric data, demographic information, unique Aadhaar number, photograph, and ordinary information including name, date of birth, and sex, to use the same, one has to download the e-Aadhaar card to use the same.
- 1Keep your Aadhaar card or Enrolment number ready with you: It is necessary to keep the Aadhaar card prepared with you. You should at least have your Aadhaar number with you if you do not possess the card.
- 2Visit the UIDAI website: Once you have either of the two with you, log on to the official UIDAI website. After you reach the homepage of the site, you will see the section titled Aadhaar Online Services. Once you click on it, in the drop-down menu you will see an option ‘Download Aadhaar’. After you access the link, you will have to enter all the essential details accurately. The information required will be:
a. Enrolment ID/ Aadhaar number/ VID
b. Name (Full)
c. Area Pincode
d. Security Code
- 3Request for an OTP: After all the necessary details are entered, you will have to enter the OTP. If in case you don’t have it, you will have to request it by clicking ‘Request OTP’. After requesting it, in a few moments, you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. It is only valid for a few minutes. Enter the code.
- 4Download the e-Aadhaar pdf: After downloading the file, you will have to enter a password. The password for one’s file will be the first four letters of one’s name along with their year of birth. Ensure that the letters entered are in capitals. If your name is Raman and the birth year is 1997, then the corresponding password will be RAMA1997.
Procedure to download Aadhaar card using one’s full name and DOB :
In the case that you do not have an Aadhaar card and not even the VID, you can download the e-card using your DOB (Date of Birth) and full name.
- 1Go and log in to the official site of Aadhaar INDIA. (Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID)
- 2Enter your full name, the mobile number used, registered, and the security code accurately.
- 3Now, tap on the button of “Send OTP”.
- 4Enter the OTP once it is received on the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar card.
- 5On your screen, a message will be displayed saying that your Aadhaar number or VID has been sent on the registered mobile number.
- 6Now, visit the e-Aadhaar page located on the official site of UIDAI.
- 7Tap on the option of “I have Aadhaar” displayed on the screen.
- 8Now, enter the VID or the Aadhaar number, complete name, the area pin code, and the captcha shown in the image.
- 9Tap on the option of ‘Request OTP’.
- 10An OTP will be sent immediately to your mobile number, enter the OTP correctly, and tap on the option of ‘Download Aadhaar’. Your e-Aadhaar is ready.
Download e-Aadhaar card using DigiLocker account:
UIDAI, along with DigiLocker, has come together to be available to all the AadhaarAadhaar cardholders on the DigiLocker account to their corresponding Aadhaar. It is a cloud-based platform that is useful for the storage, issuance, verification, and sharing of the certificates and documents in the digital form.
It enables the registered organisation to give access to the electronic copies into ‘digital lockers’ allotted to citizens. Follow the below-given steps, which would allow you to download your Aadhaar.
- 1Log in to your account of DigiLocker.
- 2Tap on ‘Sign In’ and enter the Aadhaar number that is of twelve digits.
- 3Tap on ‘Verify’ to get the ‘OTP.’
- 4Now, enter the One Time Password (OTP) received on your registered mobile number.
- 5Tap on the option of ‘Verify OTP.’
- 6Now, the ‘Issued Document’ page will appear. Here, download the ‘e-Aadhaar’ using the option of ‘Save’.
How to Download AADHAR Card Online in MOBILE
Procedure to download the masked Aadhaar:
Masked Aadhaar card is almost as similar to a regular Aadhaar card. The only distinction between them is that the Aadhaar number is kept hidden partially and only the last 4 digits of the card are visible. The reason for doing so is to protect the Aadhaar enrolment number from others; however, both are equally valid.
Below given are the steps to follow to download a masked Aadhaar.
- 1Tap on the link of e-Aadhaar.
- 2Select any of the following Aadhaar, Enrolment Number, or VID in the tab of ‘Enter your details’.
- 3Choose the option of ‘Masked Aadhaar’ in the ‘Select your preference’ tab and enter the other details, which are Aadhaar number, full name, and area pin and security code.
- 4Tap on the option of ‘Request OTP’ button to send the OTP to the mobile number registered with UIDAI.
- 5Now, click on the ‘I Agree’ option. This means that you are giving official permission to authenticate your details.
- 6Tap on the ‘Confirm’ button to send OTP to your mobile number that is registered.
- 7Enter the OTP and then click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ to download the masked Aadhaar card.
How to get Aadhaar card if you do not have a mobile number registered :
It is not possible to get an Aadhaar card online if you have no registered mobile number.mode. But it is possible to get an Aadhaar card without having a mobile number registered. Follow the steps given below:
- 1Visit an Aadhaar centre that is closest to you, along with your Aadhaar card.
- 2Now, provide the required biometric details like retina scan, thumb verification, and other details.
- 3You also need to carry other identity proof like PAN or any other identity card you possess.
- 4The person in charge at the centre will provide you with a print out of the Aadhaar. The normal paper version will cost Rs. 50, while the PVC version will cost Rs. 100.
Steps to download e-Aadhaar using Umang app:
By using the Umang app, you can access the online Government services. It is possible to download the e-Aadhaar card using this app. Below given are the steps to follow :
- 1You should have the Umang application on your phone, download it if you do not have it already.
- 2Click on the option of ‘Aadhaar card’ under the tab of ‘all service’.
- 3Tap on the option of ‘View Aadhaar Card From DigiLocker’.
- 4Now you can log in using your Aadhaar number or digiLocker account number.
- 5The mobile phone registered will receive a One time password. Enter the OTP you received.
- 6Tap on the option of ‘Verify OTP’.
- 7Now click on the option of ‘Download’ to download the electronic Aadhaar card.
To get your Aadhaar number on your mobile phone :
If you do not have the Aadhaar number and need it, you can get the Aadhaar number on your mobile. Below given are the steps to follow:
- 1Go to the official site of UIDAI (Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID)
- 2Once the webpage loads, select the option which you wish to retrieve- Enrolment Number or Aadhaar Number.
- 3Now, enter the mobile number that was registered or email id and also mention the security code.
- 4Tap on the option of ‘Send OTP’. You will receive a six-digit One Time Password (OTP).
- 5Enter the received OTP. This will only be valid for a few minutes.
- 6You will get the Aadhaar card number on the mobile number that was registered.
Aadhaar Download by Face Authentication
Download Aadhaar card after using face authentication:
It is a fairly simple procedure to download the Aadhaar card using face authentication. Below given are the steps to follow:
- 1Go to the official site of UIDAI.
- 2Enter your Aadhaar number of twelve-digit.
- 3Now enter the captcha verification, displayed in the box.
- 4Click on “Face Auth” to download the Aadhaar card by face authentication.
- 5Your web camera will start and detect your face.
- 6The captured image will now be matched with the image in UIDAI’s database.
- 7Once the face is authenticated, you will need to take the survey.
- 8Click on “Verify Download” You will be able to download your electronic version of the Aadhaar card.
Procedure to take e-Aadhaar card print out after download:
Firstly, enter the password of eight digits. This password will consist of the first four letters of your name and year of your birth. Once the Aadhaar card is downloaded in PDF format, you can print your Aadhaar card online.
Important things to keep in mind :
UIDAI helps the Cardholder to download the updated Aadhaar card using various biometric devices such as Aadhaar Card download by figure print software on PC.