Edited By Piyush Kashyap, Reviewed By Gulshan
GST was introduced in India on July 1st,2017. It includes different circuitous charges like VAT, CST, and the GST is now the single uniform indirect tax structure collected in India.
According to the GST Act (goods and administration charge-2016-2017), every business with a turnover of more than 20 lakhs needs to enlist themselves under GST (10 lakhs for Northeastern states).
GST Certificate is given to businessmen who are enlisted under GST and they are required to display the certificate at the workplace.
This establishes the company as“GST Registered”. Businesses must have their GST registration certificates in their workplace at all times.
The types of certificates that are issued to Indian taxpayers are-
How to register for GST
You can follow the steps mentioned below to register your business-
- 1On the GST portal, and click on ‘Register Now’ under the option “Citizens (Normal/TDS/TCS)”.
- 2Then fill the form which pops on the window. . Fill the following details in the form:
- 3Check your email or phone for the OTP, and if you did not receive it then click on the “Resend OTP” option.
- 4By now you should have received a ‘Temporary Reference Number’ (TRN), on both your email and phone.
- 5Now, go back to the GST website and select ‘Register Now.’
- 6Now click on Temporary Reference Number (TRN) and enter yourTRN alongside captcha and tail it up by tapping on Proceed.
- 7After you enter the OTP, you should be able to see the status of your application. To fill the further details, click on the “edit” button.
- 8You will see another form with ten sub-sections. Fill the necessary subtleties and join the accompanying records:
- 9As you fill out all the details and attach all the documents required, tick the deceleration, and present the application in any of the accompanying ways:
- 10In the wake of finishing the above advances, the following window will show a success message alongside the Application Reference Number (ARN), which is likewise sent to your enlisted email and mobile number.
How To Download GST Certificate
All applicable citizens are given a GST Registration Certificate in Form GST REG-06. You can download this certificate from the GST portal, by visiting gst.gov.in.
The government does not provide a physical certificate, so this soft copy is the only certificate you have, which must be downloaded and placed in your office premises,
All the details of the business are mentioned in the certificate. On the main page, necessary information like name, address, and date of registration of the company is shown.
The subsequent page is ‘Annexure A’ which contains details about the business. Some of those details are:
The registration number is provided to the enlisted citizen, which is otherwise called GSTIN. GSTIN is a 15 digit number; the initial two digits are the state code, later ten digits are the PAN (Permanent Account Number), the thirteenth digit is an Entity number of the state PAN holder, a “Z” at the fourteenth spot is there by default and the fifteenth spot is a checksum digit.
The first row of the certificate will contain the official name of the business holder. It is usually the name on the pan card of the holder.
This line contains the trade name if any.
This line will show the type of business you have, as there are various sorts of organizations, for example, Sole Ownership, Partnership, and so forth.
The effective date of registration, on which date the taxpayer becomes liable to registration, is the date of his liability.
This will display the period of validity. It contains the starting date and the ending date of the validity of the GST registration certificate.
This will display the type of taxpayer.
The DS (Digital Signature) of the business holder will be displayed here.
In the end, the details of the approving officer will be mentioned. This will include the ‘Name of the officer’, ‘Designation’, ‘Jurisdiction Office’, ‘date of issue of the certificate’.
Downloading the certificate from the GST portal
Once you have a GST account, downloading the certificate then is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to download the certificate within a few minutes:
- 1Go to the GST India portal, i.e. https://www.gst.gov.in/
- 2Click on the ‘Login’ button on the upper hand to the portal to access the page, and enter the username and password. You can find these credentials in an approval mail that was provided by the GST department when your GST Registration application was approved.
- 3Enter the correct ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. Then enter the captcha in the given field and tap on the ‘Login’ button. After you are successfully logged in, follow the below-given steps. If the site shows that the details entered are incorrect or displays an error message, check your credentials and re-enter the data.
- 4Be careful while entering the details because, after three unsuccessful attempts, the portal will block your account.
- 5In the dashboard, go to the Services menu –> User Services (A table with Form Number, Form Description and Date of Issue will be shown) –>View/ Download Certificate.
- 6Tap on the ‘Download’ button, just below the download text on the screen. The certificate contains all the details of the tax transactions done in your business.
- 7The file will be downloaded in your system and will be available offline.