SlideShare is a platform that comprises of presentations, documents, infographics, etc. people globally use it for educational and professional purposes.
Finding something very interesting and informative in Slideshare and downloading it is very common. Slideshare allows you to download it directly in but in some cases, but you have to follow a few steps.
This article covers all about downloading PPT from Slideshare. and if you are looking for a slideshare downloader then this is the right article for you.
How to find the right presentation?
Before downloading the presentation, you should know how to find the right file to suit your requirements.
- 1Log in to SlideShare.
- 2Go to search.
- 3You can search the file you are looking for by typing a few keywords or the name of the author or the title of the presentation if you are looking for one specific presentation.
- 4If you want to search for a file from a specific timeframe, you can narrow your search by clicking on the ‘uploaded anytime’ button. You will get a few options like uploaded one week ago, one month ago and one year ago etc. Select the timeframe you want.
- 5Select the file you want and click to open it.
SlideShare authors are given three options when they upload a presentation.
The file you chose may not have a download option. More information on this topic is given in the next section.
Slideshare downloader: how to download slideshare ppt?
Files that are disabled for download
If you are looking for how to download ppt from slideshare then there are various ways.
Below the title, there are three buttons, namely, share, like, and download or ‘clip slide’. If the download button is missing and if it has only the ‘share’ and ‘like’ button or if the ‘clip slide’ button is missing, then it means that the author disabled the file from downloading.
If you want the file, you can follow one of the following:
Downloading a file that is disabled for download by the author is against the copyright policies of SlideShare. It is not recommended, but it is not impossible either.
How to download a presentation disabled to download?
- 1Open the presentation you want to download and press ‘Ctrl + U’. This will open the source code.
- 2When the source code is open, press Ctrl + F. Can you see <metaname =” thumbnail”?
- 3You will be able to see a URL link following it. Copy the link.
- 4Paste it in one of the text editors.
- 5Now you will get a link ending with ‘thumbnail.jpg…..’ Leave the text before the thumbnail.
- 6Remove ‘thumbnail’ and the text that follows it.
- 7Again you will get an URL.
- 8You will see ‘thumbnail’ in the middle of the URL. Remove it.
- 9After removing ‘thumbnail’ add .xml to the URL.
- 10Open in a new browser.
- 11You will get a list of SWF files.
- 12Copy the URLs to a text editor.
- 13The next step is to open a new blank presentation in ‘PowerPoint’.
- 14Go to the ‘developer’ tab in PowerPoint.
- 15Select ‘blank ppt’ and then click the ‘more control’ option.
- 16Now select the shockwave flash object that you see in the ‘more control’ window. Click the okay button.
- 17Click and drag a box and fit into the slide.
- 18Click on the ‘property sheet’ on the slide
- 19Now paste the URL in the ‘movie’ box that you see.
- 20Create a new slide for all SWF files.
- 21Once the slides are created, you can save the file in PPT format.
How to Download Slideshare as PowerPoint and PDF
How to download SlideShare PPT files that are allowed to be downloaded?
Did you find a SlideShare that you want to download? Does it have a ‘download’ button under the presentation? If so, you can download it with a few easy steps.
- 1Click on the ‘download’ button.
- 2You will get a message on the screen that you can clip it instead.
- 3Ignore it and click the ‘continue to download’ button.
- 4Then proceed to click the ‘save file’ option or click ‘open with’ option.
- 5The last step is to click the ‘ok’ button.
The download is complete.
How to clip a file from SlideShare?
If you don’t need the entire presentation, you can save a single slide from the presentation by following the steps mentioned below:
- 1Open the presentation.
- 2Open the slide from the presentation that you want to clip.
- 3You will find the ‘Clip side’ button in the upper right corner.
- 4Click the button.
- 5You will see a box asking you to create a clipboard to store the slides that you clipped.
- 6Type the name and details of the clip in the box.
- 7Now click the ‘save’ button.
- 8You will get a message that you have saved the slide to your clipboard.
- 9The slide is stored in the clipboard under your profile.
- 10To access the clipboard later, you have to click on ‘my clipboards’ in your profile.
- 11You can add a note to the clipped slide. Adding a note will be useful to remind you why you saved the file.
When you are confident that you have created a good clipboard, you can proceed to share it with others or post in your social media accounts.
I hope you found the solution for how to download slides from slideshare in our article, if not then comment below and i will update the method.