Earlier to add a video in any PowerPoint file, you had to put the video in the same directory as that of your PowerPoint file, and it was quite difficult to do this.
After that, the user has to link any object or create a hyperlink to access the video. However, if the link gets changed, then your video may load to fail.
But when PowerPoint 2010 was launched, many features changed that made it easier to embed a video in a PowerPoint file.
After that, the user is not required to store the video at any specific location. There are some ways to add the video that makes the complete process easier and smooth. In this post, we are going to explore and demonstrate some ways of them.
Popular Ways to Add YouTube Video in PowerPoint Presentation
PowerPoint supports YouTube video streaming through hyperlinks that were linked directly to YouTube videos. These hyperlinks, when clicked, then the video gets opened in a browser window automatically.
In the newer versions of PowerPoint, the video and presentations get played in the same window without transitioning to any new page. A user should follow the following steps to link the videos with PowerPoint presentation:
Standard Steps to Add the YouTube Video
- 1Find and choose the videos that you want to link with your PowerPoint.
- 2On the video, click the “Share’ button and choose the correct options.
- 3Now go to the “Embed” tab and select the highlighted code either by pressing “Ctrl+C” or by right-clicking and selecting or copying the text.4Now open the PowerPoint presentation and select the slide to which you want to add the video.5Now click on the “Insert” tab and choose the video that you want to add.
Now, as per your PowerPoint versions, the next steps are listed below:
For PowerPoint 2016
- 1Select “Online Video”
- 2Click on the option “From a Video Embed Code,” then in the right blank area that will appear, to paste the code.
- 3In PowerPoint 2016 you can also use a YouTube icon that will appear when you will select “Online Video,” here you can search the video of your choice depending on your requirement’s keyword.
- 4Now select the video and click on “Insert.”
- 5After a few minutes, the selected video will get loaded, and two tabs will appear on the screen to modify the playback options of the video.
- 6Now in the “Playback” tab, select “Start,” and then you may choose how you want your video to get uploaded.
- 7Some options to choose are “how long you want the video to play,” “repeat or replay,” and ‘’full screen.”
For PowerPoint 2013
- 1Select PowerPoint 2013, select the option “Online Video.”
- 2When you click on “From a Video Embed Code,” then there will be a code you can or paste the code in a blank text area.
- 3Now just wait for the video to get uploaded that you can easily modify later with two tabs’ help.
While performing and completing all of these steps, make sure to be online or connected with the internet else the video will not get loaded.
Add Videos from Google Slides
If you will create Google Slides instead of PowerPoint, you can follow below-listed steps to embed video:
- 1On the selected slide (in which you want to insert video) of your choice, just go to the navigation bar to select the video of your choice from YouTube
- 2Here either you can directly insert the YouTube video URL or select a file from the drive. Now you can choose or select the video of your choice that will appear on the slide
- 3Now after insertion, you can edit the video by right-clicking on it, and you can select the start and stop position of video
Embed Video from System Files/Drive
If you have any video saved in your system and have placed it inside a folder, then below-listed steps can help you in embedding video:
1) Go to the slide in which you can add the video
2) Now click on the “Insert” tab and select the “Video.”
3) Now select the “video from file” option in PowerPoint and select the right folder’s relevant video file. Depending on the video size it may take some time to load
4) Now there will be two options to modify the options like you can resize the video and modify its duration and other features.
5) Now save your presentation, and you are just ready with the video presentation in PowerPoint.
In this way, we can say that there are two ways to link the video file with your PowerPoint presentation:
To prevent linking any broken link, it is recommended to copy the videos in the same folder in which you have stored your video presentation and then link the file with selected video. Moreover, the video gets played automatically when the slide show gets started.
Through this “In Click Sequence” feature, if the user will click anywhere on the slide by pressing the spacebar or Right arrow key or any other key, the video gets played.
How To Embed A Video In PowerPoint
Options to Play the Video
In Microsoft PowerPoint the user gets three options to play the video that is listed below:
The Click Sequence option is available in PowerPoint 2016; can start and stop the video at your choice and control its volume.
Adding or embedding a video in a PowerPoint presentation has not been a difficult step. However, now the user has many choices and options to perform this step. Depending on your preference and choice you can select the way and go for it.
By hyperlinking the video, you can save your presentation’s load time, while to avoid broken links you can download the video and embed its link for your user. With the help of video edit options, users can modify the video settings as per their preferences.