WhatsApp is a popular messaging app used all around the world. With its gaining popularity, new and exciting features are coming, to make the messaging experience more customised.
Recently, WhatsApp included a 'Delete For Everyone' feature for its messages. Currently, it has introduced self-destructing messages for every chat. Android beta users, already, avail this feature.
It, usually, happens when we send a message, an image or a video to the wrong contact. With 'Delete For Everyone,' you can delete the message within a given time.
However, recipients receive 'This message was deleted' instead of the actual message. At this point, one feels curious about the deleted message and wants to retrieve it to know about the content.
Although WhatsApp, alone, does not avail such features, there are options for reading the deleted messages. The deleted message gets stored in the notification log which one can easily access. Well, one needs to enter into it to read the deleted messages.
Type 1: Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages Through Notification History
To access the deleted message, you can seek the help of a third-party application like Notification History. Check out these steps to read the deleted messages without any fuss.
- 1Download the 'Notification History' app from Google Play.
- 2Once downloaded, search for the message in the Android Notification log.
It is possible to access the Notification log without downloading any external application from Google Play. Follow these steps to access the notification log of the mobile phone:
If you restart the device, you will fail to receive the previous notifications you received.
Type 2: Read Deleted Messages Through WhatsRemoved+ App
- 1Download and install the ‘WhatsRemoved+’ app from Google play.
- 2Open the app and click on 'Accept' after going through the terms and conditions.
- 3A pop-up message appears asking your permission to enable the notification to ensure the working of WhatsRemoved+.
- 4Select WhatsApp from the list of applications to save its notification history.
- 5Once you click on the Next button, you need to select 'Yes' to allow the application to access media, photos, and files of your device.
- 6Click the folders like WhatsApp Stickers, WhatsApp Profile Photos, Statuses, Wallpaper, WhatsApp Video, and all such files whose notifications you want to monitor. Untick those folders which you don't want to save.
- 7Click on the Accept button, and the setup process is complete. Now the app is ready to monitor WhatsApp notifications.
For reading the deleted messages, go to the WhatsApp tab. Here, you will get the entire chat notifications. Access the deleted media files of WhatsApp under the 'detected app.'
Although these applications are quite popular, it eats a lot of memory. You need to free up space from your device frequently as a duplicate copy of each file gets saved. You can either delete the files in the application or delete WhatsApp folder, created by default in the internal storage.
The better alternative for WhatsRemoved+ is a WARM app which is still in the beta version. The appealing feature of this app is that it shows the deleted message in the format of a chat-like interface.
There are some limitations of using third-party apps for reading the deleted WhatsApp messages. And, the security risks associated with these apps are pretty high.
How to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages
Type 3: Use WhatsApp Chat Backup to Read Deleted Messages
It usually happens when you accidentally delete the entire message of an individual chat. These chats get recovered by default at 2 AM every night. Although you can change the frequency of chat backup, it is better to choose the daily backup option. To get back the deleted messages, follow these steps:
- 1Firstly, uninstall the app and install it again.
- 2Follow the same steps like accept the terms and conditions, enter your WhatsApp number and country code.
- 3In the next step, you will get the option of restore chats from backup
- 4Click on the 'Restore' button to get back all the WhatsApp message
Quick Steps to Follow to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 1Go to the home screen and tap on the idle space of the screen (ensure long press).
- 2You will get three options, viz, Wallpaper, Widgets, and Settings. Tap on Widgets.
- 3Select and hold Settings widgets and place it on the home screen.
- 4Open the app and select Notification log from the list of options.
This notification app shows all the notifications you received in the past and also the deleted WhatsApp messages. Although these steps are quite helpful, it is essential to send the messages wisely.
You can retrieve only such messages that you have seen or received as a notification. Think twice before sending the message as there can be several instances where you can't restore the deleted messages.