Edited By Piyush Kashyap, Reviewed By Gulshan
Smartphones have made the lives of the people extremely easy.
While the earlier telephones were just meant for contacting people far away from you, modern-day phones have a myriad of other features.
In a way, the modern-day cell phone is not just a tool to connect to people but it is way more than that. As cell phones evolved with time, they started to come up with high definition cameras.
With all the unique attributes that came along with it, in no time replaced the big bulky cameras on which the people relied before.
It became easy for people to capture the precious moments of their lives. With just one tap, they could capture the moment and save it in their smartphones.
But since uncertainties are floating around everywhere, there are innumerable accidental instances when the photos saved in your gallery could vanish all of a sudden.
It may be due to the viruses, the bugs, corrupted files, damaged memory, sudden system crash or even because of formatting of the memory. One unwelcome instance and all of a sudden you would lose all your precious moments.
While at first, the sudden loss of data might seem to be impossible to bring back, there are some possible ways to retrace the deleted photos.
This tool works for android devices that are both rooted and not rooted. Rooted devices allow their users to run specialized applications and specialized customizations. The good thing about this application is that it suits both rooted and non-rooted devices.
Although this device is free for everyone, it offers some unique features. Not only the photos but this tool can also be used to recover documents, videos and other files of importance.
To use this tool, follow the simple steps given below:
- 1Install the application on your phone.
- 2If your android device is rooted, then you can choose ‘Full Scan’ mode while if your device is not rooted, go with ‘Basic Scan’. Press allow to grant permission to the application.
- 3Once the scanning is completed, choose the photos you wish to retrieve and a prompt message will be shown afterwards. Select the option to restore.
Once the files are recovered, the application offers three ways to save your recoverable files. You may save the files to the app, save to the device or FTP upload.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone using DiskDigger
Saving to an app:
This is the most recommended option where you could send your recovered files on another device. You may send the files on your email application or send files to cloud storage devices like Google Drive.
You may save the recovered files on your drive again.
The last method would allow you to save files on an online FTP server. To do so, you will have to access the online server. The application will display a dialogue box which would further ask for your credentials. After entering the appropriate information, you may save your files online.
Some unique features of DiskDigger are:
- 1Enhanced compatibility with the latest versions of Android.
- 2Better performance of free space structure.
- 3Supporting features for recovering Opus audio files.
- 4Easy preview of the files even before recovering them.
Not only photos, but Android Data Recovery software also helps you recover all sorts of the files that you might have lost accidentally. It is compatible with both rooted and non-rooted android devices and helps you to preview the files before retrieving them. It is programmed to recover files from both disk memory and internal memory.
Follow the steps given below to recover the files using this versatile software:
- 1Download the software on your personal computer. Go to the official site by searching for the same on the internet. There, you will be able to download the software for free.
- 2Connect your Android device to your system through a USB cable. Make sure to check for enabling debugging mode as you connect. It is important to note that before you connect the phone, the battery should be more than at least twenty percent.
- 3Open the software on your system and click on ‘Gallery’ in the same. To follow, click on Next.
- 4You may choose from “Scan For Deleted Files” or “Scan For All Files” to find your files. You may also select the “Advanced Mode” to continue. The Advanced mode is a more powerful feature but is only for scanning the SD card. Click “Next” and “Start”.
- 5As soon as the scanning is complete, all the lost items would be displayed on the screen. Select the items you wish to recover. It is important to not disengage the cable while the scanning process is in progress. Once the files are recovered, you will get them first on your PC which you may further transfer to your mobile.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone using Android Data Recovery
Apart from the tools mentioned above, another software which can help recover deleted photos is FonePaw Android Data Recovery. Just like Android Software Recovery, this tool can help the user recover files other than photos like videos, messages, documents, contacts, etc.
It is safe to use this tool and can support many brands of smartphones. Use the following steps to recover deleted photos:
- 1First, install the software from the Internet. It is freely available to download.
- 2Once the software is downloaded, link your Android device to the computer via cable.
- 3Open the downloaded software. You would see many options on the screen. Choose “Gallery” for camera roll or “Picture Library” for photos.
- 4Click next and wait for the scanning process to begin. Once the scanning process is completed, you will see a list of deleted files. Select the files you wish to recover. Once recovered, the files would be stored on your system.
This software is available for both Windows users and Mac users while it is compatible with the latest versions of Android. One unique feature which the software has is that it can back up all the data on your phone to your system with just one click.
If in case you lose your data by some accident, you can transfer the backed up data back to the system-again just with one click.
If in case you have broken your device due to some accident, for instance, due to a sudden drop, you can use this software to extract data from your broken phone too! Look on the web for the detailed procedure of retrieving data from broken phones.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone using FonePaw Android Data Recovery
PhotoRec works in retrieving more than just photos and work on a variety of systems that include USB drives, flash drives, SD cards and a lot more. It works under Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and SunSolaris.
It is specially programmed for working with small storage devices and can also recover a damaged file well.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone using PhotoRec
It is the most versatile tool preferred by users to recover photos from SD cards, computers, flash drives and even digital cameras. Some of its features are:
- 1It helps recover deleted photos from multiple sources.
- 2Supports recovery of data from recycle bin too.
- 3Recovery rate is high.
Just like other softwares, it is fairly easy to use the software. After you have downloaded the same on your system, connect your phone to the system through a USB cable.
Select the file on your phone from where data was deleted and run the scan. After scanning you can easily recover the deleted photos.
One advantage of using this software is that it very easily recovers the RAW data into the required file.
This unique feature makes it much better software than all its rivals.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone using PhotoRec
When the operating system of mobiles is iOS, there are different methods to get back the deleted photos.
The very first source to recover the deleted photos is to access the folder of “Deleted Photos”. You will simply have to go to the Photos and choose the Album view. On scrolling down the screen, you would find the folder of Deleted photos.
On the top right corner of the screen, click on the “Recover All Photos” or you may even manually select the photos to be retrieved.
You need not worry if you fail to trace the deleted photos in the folder. If you have a backup then recovering photos is quite an easy task.
- 1Download CopyTrans Backup Extractor from the internet and then perform a ‘Complete automatic backup’ search on your system.
- 2The program will automatically start looking for backups on your system if there is any. If the backup of your mobile is not found in your system, then it may be in the iCloud. Click on the option of iCloud backup and let the software have a look along.
- 3Once the scanning is completed, click on the backup that would have your photos. Select the path on your system where you want to recover the photos. Once the extraction process is complete, you will find your files in the folder.
If you are lucky then you may find your photos in the iTunes backup. It can restore almost all of your data on the iPhone. But while that is an advantage, it, at the same time is a disadvantage too. iTunes cannot be selective and hence would recover almost all the data even if it is not needed.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone using iPhone Backup
Recover Photos on iPhone without backup:
Even after trying all the methods of getting back your photos, it is sometimes possible that you would fail to retrieve your files. In such cases, there are ways to recover photos using special softwares or tools without backup.
CopyTransCloudy is a software which can help you get back photos on your iPhone. It helps to retrieve photos from iCloud Photo Library. It never forgets to make a backup for all your photos.
- 1After you download CopyTransCloudy on your system, run the software and log in to your iCloud account.
- 2Click on rescue and choose the folder where you intend to extract the files back.
- 3If the deleted photos are still on the servers of Apple, the software will be able to restore the files to the designated folder.
Apart from its feature to get back the data from servers, the software can also create a backup of all your files in just one click!
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Phone with iCloud
We undoubtedly cannot control all the uncertainties which may lead to loss of data. But we can take precautions to smoothly deal with such unwelcome contingencies. It is thus always recommended to back up all the important data.
There are online storages available which would keep your files secure. Cloud storage services like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and iCloud are some of the best options available. Hence, to secure your data well, it is highly recommended to backup your files!