Whatsapp is used by millions of users worldwide. It has many attractive features for sharing a message with your contacts.
You can use Emojis, Gifs, stickers to make the chat interesting. Video calls and group messages are some other useful features.
Similar to Facebook on Whatsapp, you can add profile pictures and statuses. Status is all good, but WhatsApp profile picture dimensions may disappoint you.
Whatsapp images with ratio 1:1 can only be used as a profile picture, unlike Facebook.
This is why you have to crop your portrait or rectangular photo to fit in the specified space in most cases.
The cropping feature available on Whatsapp may crop the focus point of the image or reduce the effectiveness. To get rid of that issue here, we have a few apps that will help you upload a full-size profile picture on WhatsApp.
No, WhatsApp does not have any internal feature embedded in it, so you have to take an alternative. You can download the following apps.
On Google Play Store, it is rated 3+ with 4.2 stars and over 5M downloads. It will just eat 5.5 MB on your phone. Follow the given steps to edit the orientation of your image.
How To Download
Visit the play store in the search bar type whatCrop. Or, you can click on this link
Now, install the app, wait for a few minutes till the installation process is over.
How To Use It
- 1Click on the app, present on your screen to open. When the app opens, you will see five tabs located at the bottom as well as two integrated layouts on the screen. One will convert your image in a rectangular shape and other in circular shape within a specified dimension.
- 2Click on the first tab. Here, two options are displayed either to take a photo or select a photo. Assuming you already have a photo, click on select the photo, go to the gallery and select the desired photo.
Now, proceed to the second tab. On clicking, three options are displayed (i) only inside the circle (ii) fit the circle (iii) fit the square. The image will be inside a circle touching the circumference at corners in the second option and will fill the square in the third option. Select any of the above as you wish. Here you can basically see your full image in 1:1 form, but to add more features, continue reading.
On the third tab, you can rotate the image. Tap on the fourth tab; you will see three options: (i) background color (ii) background image (iii) photo frame.
- 5Click on background Colour to add Colour in the leftover space of 1:1 image. Here you will have red, blue, green, opacity four options majorly. By decreasing or increasing the intensity of these options, you can get many colors.
- 6Click on a background image. Here you will get amazing images varying from patterns, occasions, classics, wood, lights. Approx 500 background images are available; you can apply and test any for free. Select the best according to your image. If you do not want any, you can select clear.
- 7If you want to add a frame on your WhatsApp profile picture, click on a photo frame. Around 50 frames are available to make your image more beautiful!
Now, after you are done with finalizing the look of your profile picture, click on the fifth tab. From here, you can directly update your image to your WhatsApp profile. If you just want to save, tap on the fifth tab, then on the back. Great! You are done with your work.
SquareDroid is the next app on the list that fits your image on Whatsapp profile without cropping. It is rated 4.5 on Google Play Store with more than a million downloads. Continue reading to know more about the app.
How to Download
Go to Google Play Store, and search square Droid or square pic on the search bar. Else you can just click on the link below to omit the above step.
How to Use It
- 1Tap on the app present on your screen. Here you will notice 11 tabs on the bottom of the page.
- 2Click on the photo. Select the desired image from the gallery. The image will automatically adjust itself in a 1:1 ratio as required in the Whatsapp profile. Further to add effects and filters to your image, proceed ahead.
- 3Click on the second button if you want to flip your image horizontally or vertically. You also have the option to rotate your image.
Now, tap on the third button to change the layout of the pic. You can change your image in different shapes such as a star, triangle, rectangle, etc. Go to the fourth tab to change the background color.
- 5Move to the fifth tab to add a colorful border to your image. You can skip the ratio button as your image is in the required shape. You can also edit your image in this app and add text to make it more interesting. Add stickers if required.
Now, you are done with all the procedures. To use your image as a WhatsApp profile, you have to click on the save button present on the top right corner. Your image will be saved in the gallery. Go to WhatsApp to update the photo as a WhatsApp profile picture.
Collage Square Insta No crop
This app is present on Google Play Store with over 1 million downloads and 4.4 stars. To use this app, go through the given steps.
How To Download
Visit Google Play Store, search collage square Insta no crop in the search bar and select No Crop for WhatsApp. Install the app or visit the link given below.
How to Use It
- 1Click on the app present on your screen. Then tap on the page that just opened, go through your gallery and select the desired image. Here, this app also has five icons placed at the bottom of the screen.
- 2The first icon is for selecting the image. You can change the orientation of an image by rotating your fingers.
- 3Now, go to the second button to adjust the image in the ratio of 1:1. You just have to tap on the second icon, and the image will automatically fix itself.
- 4If you want to edit your image, proceed to further icons. The third button with the paintbrush icon changes the image’s filter in different looks such as professional, colorful, dark, etc. Move to the fifth icon to change the overall color of your image.
- 5When you are done with your process, you will have to save the image. Click on three vertically aligned dots present on the top right corner. Then select image format, here, you can select the format you want to save, it can be either JPEG or PNG.
- 6Now, you can click on the save icon present on the top right corner. The image will be saved in your gallery. Go to WhatsApp and change your profile picture.
Install no crop from Google Play Store. This small app will easily help you adjust your image according to the WhatsApp profile requirements. Follow the following steps to set a full-size WhatsApp profile picture without cropping it.
- 1Tap on no crop app present on your screen. You will see 4 icons at the bottom.
- 2Click on the gallery to choose an image stored on your phone. You can click on the camera for an instant photo.
- 3Your image will appear on the app page. You do not have to do anything; it will automatically adjust itself into 1:1 ratio without cropping any part of the image.
- 4Your image is ready to be updated on the WhatsApp profile. If you want to remove it, this automatic conversion adds blur effect, click on the square placed on Centre.
- 5If you are done with the process, now click on the top right corner to save the image.
- 6Navigate to WhatsApp to update your profile picture.
PhotoGrid is available on the Google Play store. This app has lots of features, along with converting the image into 1:1 dimensions. Follow the given steps.
- 1Go to Google Play Store, type PhotoGrid in the search bar. Click on install to download the app.
- 2Tap on the app present on the home screen of your smartphone. It will ask permission to start the app. Click on start.
- 3You will be directed to a page with four options. Click on the edit option.
- 4Now, you will be directed to the gallery of your phone. Select the desired image.
- 5That’s it! As soon as you select the image, your image will automatically convert in a square shape with the required dimension in PhotoGrid.
- 6Many options are available at the bottom of the page. You can go through these icons to further enhance your image.
- 7When you are done with this process. Click on save, present on the top right corner. Here, you can select the resolution 720P or 1024P as well as the format. The format can be Jpg or PNG. Then, click on save just below it and then click on Done. Your image is saved in the gallery. Now, you can go to WhatsApp settings and set a full-size image as your profile picture.
If you are an ios user, you can install the app square sized. This app helps you to upload a full-size WhatsApp image. Go through the following steps.
- 1Download the Squaresized app from the Apple app store.
- 2Open the app, tap on the page to go to the gallery. Select an image from the gallery. You have an option to click on the image of your choice.
- 3The image is uploaded on the app without any background. It has many tabs on the bottom of the screen.
- 4Click on the border tab to change the border or add another image to use as a border of the main image. Add a new interesting border in your image. You can add patterns, colors, and lines under this feature.
- 5Apart from this, you can add different effects, filters, and layers to enhance your images.
- 6When you are done with editing, proceed to save the image. This icon is present at the top right corner. Save your image either in a gallery or send it to mail, or copy the image to clipboard as you wish.
How to Set a Full-size WhatsApp Image on a Laptop or PC
WhatsApp has launched WhatsApp web a few years back.
This has increased the users of WhatsApp tremendously. WhatsApp web works almost the same as the application on the smartphone; you do not have to follow a unique step for a PC.
Go through the same steps on your device. Save the image, then transfer it to your PC. Open the application or visit the WhatsApp web. Then go to settings and set a full-size image in your WhatsApp profile picture.
How to Set Your WhatsApp Profile in Full Size
Apps have made it easier to set a full-size image as WhatsApp profile. You do not have to worry about cropping your image.
WhatsApp disables us from setting a full-size image and zooms the cropped image on the app. Here we have discussed a few apps that will help you edit any image as required.
You just have to download any of these apps that are compatible with your device. Then tap your screen as directed a few times to get the desired result. Your creativity will make it look much better. If you know, any new way would love to know it.