Technology has encircled our lives like never before. The one piece of equipment that always keeps us just a few touches away from technology is the mobile phone.
It tags you everywhere and keeps you connected with the world at every step. The Smartphones we use today are highly sophisticated and come with several options to make our lives easy.
It becomes hard to memorize every function that the Smartphone provides since the functions differ from one Smartphone to another.
The market is filled with brands that woo customers with offers and new features.
One of the brands that sell the highest number of Smartphones in the world is Samsung. The Korean company releases new models every year.
Each model comes up with new features that are improved versions of the previous releases. Though they usually differ slightly from their predecessors, learning the tricks and functions to use them is essential.
Whether it is enhancing picture quality, backing up data, changing the display, updating apps, or even taking screenshots, everything matters when the need arises. The most neglected and brilliant feature of any Smartphone is capturing an image on the screen.
It comes in handy when you need to send a message or picture without spending much time.
You can take a screenshot in a Samsung Smartphone in more than one way. It depends on the type of model you are using. Samsung has two Smartphone series that are popular in the market apart from low-end phones. The M series caters to mid-range customers and the S series is for high-end customers.
It would be interesting to know how the procedure of taking screenshots differs in these two mobile series.
Taking Screenshots in Samsung M Series Smartphones
In the previous versions of Samsung Smartphones, it wasn't a cakewalk when it came to taking screenshots.
Compared to other Smartphones like Google pixel and One Plus, which have a dedicated button or gesture to take screenshots, Samsung fell behind in this aspect.
But with the release of the M series Samsung appeared to have addressed the problem for mid-range Smartphones. Samsung has provided more than one option in taking screenshots in these models.
The steps are quick and easy to remember. Let's see these options one by one and try to learn them thoroughly.
How to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy M21- 3 different Ways
Using Volume and Power Button
This is the classic and traditional method of taking screenshots. Almost all Android Smartphone models provide this option to take screenshots, and it's a nature of habit for anyone who uses Android regularly to go for this action for screenshots.
It requires you to use the physical keys provided on the sides of the mobile to take screenshots. Follow the below steps to take screenshots using volume and power buttons.
- 1Open the file, picture, or page on your home screen
- 2Press the volume down button and power button simultaneously.
- 3After a split second, you will hear a clicking sound, which indicates that the screenshot has been taken.
- 4The screenshot will be saved in the gallery.
Though this is a widely used method, you will need a few attempts to master it. Sometimes you may get irritated in case the screenshot doesn't produce the desired results, but you can always go back and give it another go!
Enabling Assistant Menu
The Samsung M series provides an option called the assistant menu. This menu usually doesn't appear on the screen unless you activate it. Once you enable the assistant menu, you can use it to perform several functions like volume control, pinch zoom, notification panel, and screenshot.
Let's see how to take screenshots using the assistant menu.
- 1Go to Settings.
- 2In the settings menu, look for Accessibility and click on it.
- 3Look for Interaction and Dexterity in the accessibility menu and click on it to open.
- 4You will see the option Assistant Menu inside the interaction and dexterity menu.
- 5Turn on the assistant menu by sliding the pointer present before the assistant menu option.
- 6An icon with four squares appears on your screen.
- 7Click on the icon to open it.
- 8You will see several options, including Screenshots.
- 9Open the required file, picture, or page on your home screen and click on the screenshots option from the assistant menu.
- 10You will hear a clicking sound to confirm the screenshot.
- 11The screenshot image file will be saved in the Gallery.
This is an easy and quick method to take a screenshot. You can also adjust the appearance, size, and transparency of the assistant menu. The only drawback is that once you activate the assistant menu, it sits on your screen until you de-activate it.
The assistant menu icon may come in between while performing other functions. You may even find it spoiling the balance of the screen. These will only bother you till you get the hang of the assistant menu. Once you start using it regularly, you would become comfortable with it.
Performing Hand Gesture
This is the latest addition in the options of methods for taking screenshots in Samsung M series mobiles.
It is a quicker and easier way of taking screenshots compared to the other two methods discussed above. All you need to do is make a hand gesture, and the mobile does the rest for you. Wondering how it is possible? Follow the below steps to know.
- 1Go to Settings and tap on it to open.
- 2Look for Advanced Features in the menu and click on it to open.
- 3Find Palm Swipe to Capture in the options appeared on the screen and activate it by sliding the pointer.
- 4Open the file, picture, or page that you want to take a screenshot of on your mobile screen.
- 5Place your palm on any side along the long edge of the screen at a right angle with a slight slant. The palm should be just touching the screen, not pressing it.
- 6Swipe the palm across the screen in one go. You can swipe your palm either from right to left or left to right.
- 7The mobile makes a clicking sound to confirm the capturing of the screenshot.
- 8The screenshot will be saved in the Gallery.
This method may take a few attempts to master, but it is the coolest and easiest method to take a screenshot without opening any other menu or options.
Editing and Playing with screenshots in M Series
The Samsung M series mobiles also provide a menu bar every time you take a screenshot. This menu bar appears at the bottom of the screen. The menu bar consists of several tools, which you can use to edit the screenshots you have taken.
These quick options allow you to resize, highlight, color, and even write on the screenshots you have taken. You can even stretch the screenshot beyond the screen's limit to capture an entire picture or page using the Scroll Capture option.
Taking Screenshots in Samsung S Series Smartphones
Samsung S series mobiles fall under the premium category Smartphones. They are designed for higher-end customers and cater to all kinds of needs, be it for professionals, creative people, or artists.
The S series mobiles come with S pen, which lets you perform several functions, including taking screenshots.
Compared to the M series, the S series has more options to take screenshots, and it even lets you edit the screenshots in numerous ways. Let's discuss the methods to take screenshots in S series one by one.
How to take a screenshot with Samsung S series Smartphones
1. Using the Volume and Power Button
This method is the same as you saw in the M series.
Since this method is widely used in all the mobiles, the S series also allows users to take screenshots using this physical method. Though the S series has other more effortless ways to take screenshots, you can use this method if you are already used to it.
Follow the below steps to take screenshots using the volume and power button.
- 1Open the required file, picture, or page on the screen.
- 2Hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously for two seconds.
- 3You will hear a clicking or snapping sound to confirm that the screenshot has been captured.
- 4Look for the saved screenshot file in the gallery.
Compared to the M series, taking screenshots using this method is slightly easier here as S series mobiles are more sensitive.
But you still need to use your hands, and that may sometimes prove to be awkward. You may need to use the power and home button to take a screenshot in some S series mobiles, as older devices might not have an alternative method to do so.
2. Using Palm Swipe Option
The hand gesture is one of the innovative and quick methods to capture screenshots in any Samsung model.
It allows you to take a screenshot without activating any button on the screen or applying excessive physical pressure. The palm swipe method used in the S series follows the same steps of the M series. The only difference is it is more sensitive and quicker than the M series.
- 1Tap open Settings.
- 2Go to Advanced Features in the menu and click on it to open.
- 3Find Palm Swipe to Capture option and activate it by sliding the pointer.
- 4Open the file, picture, or page that you want to take a screenshot of on.
- 5Place the edge of your palm on any side of the screen. The palm should be just touching the screen, not pressing it.
- 6Swipe the palm across the screen in one go. You may swipe your palm either from right to left or left to right.
- 7The mobile makes a clicking sound to confirm the screenshot.
- 8The screenshot will be saved in the Gallery.
This method works well when you don't have sweaty hands and aren't holding anything. Mastering this method would allow you to take the screenshot at a quick pace. It is also useful when you are in a hurry and want to send something to your client or friend without delay.
But it might prove cumbersome if you are in a crowded place or at a gathering, although you might amuse a few eyes by your antics of taking a screenshot by this method.
3. Taking Help of Bixby
You can even take a screenshot in the Samsung S series by asking your mobile to capture the screenshot for you.
This method requires you to use Bixby, a voice-enabled assistant developed by Samsung. It allows you to perform several functions just by spelling the command. Taking a screenshot requires you to utter the command holding the mobile when you are using Bixby.
It is an easy and efficient way of taking screenshots without the use of any physical gestures. Follow the steps below to take screenshots using Bixby.
- 1Open a file, picture, or page on the screen to screenshot.
- 2Press and hold the Bixby key present below the volume button. You can even configure the Bixby voice assistant to use Bixby with the speech command. Once configured, just hold the mobile and say 'Hey Bixby' to activate the Bixby voice assistant interface.
- 3Hold the mobile near your mouth and say 'take a screenshot'.
- 4That's all. The screenshot is captured and saved in the gallery.
This is the quickest method to take a screenshot if you are comfortable in saying commands. You just have to configure the Bixby option on your mobile to activate this option. You might feel awkward to speak commands to your mobile out loud when you are surrounded by people.
If you are not bothered by people or the surrounding, then this method is perfect for you.
Editing and Playing with Screenshots in S Series
Like in M series, you will get a menu bar in S series every time you take a screenshot. This allows you to edit the screenshot according to your choice. Apart from resizing, highlighting, and coloring, you can even extend it using the scroll capture option.
Using S Pen
A few models of the Samsung S series and Note series are equipped with an S pen. This pen allows you to perform several functions, including editing, drawing, and capturing.
Once you take a screenshot using any one of the above methods, you can use an S pen to further capture a part of the screenshot. You just have to activate the Air command and tap on Smart select from the menu to start using the S pen.
You can capture a part of the screenshot or video just by drawing shapes on them. The S pen allows you to edit the part of the screenshot or create GIFs from video capture.
If you still feel it is difficult to take screenshots in Samsung mobiles using the methods above, you can download a third-party screenshot app. These apps are specifically designed to take screenshots and are easy to install and use. The following are a few screenshot apps that are compatible with Samsung mobiles.
Screenshot Easy App
This app allows you to take a screenshot just by tapping on the app icon. You can also perform tasks like scroll capture, entire website page capture, and screen recorder.
Screenshot Touch App
This is similar to Screenshot Easy App, but it provides the additional option of touch assistive menu.
When you tap on the logo of this app, it activates the option to capture the screenshot. Clicking on the option will capture the screenshot.
Touch Master App
This app comes with a Touch Assistant option enabling you to take a screenshot within seconds. Another advantage of this app is it takes less space.
Taking a screenshot allows you to navigate projects, assignments, and even create memes. Find the method that works best for you and master it to keep the feature handy at all times! It would allow you to capture a screenshot and share it wherever you want quickly.