Just got a new Android phone? What is the first thing that will be striking the neural chords? Yes, It's getting on with Whatsapp!
When you are switching your Whatsapp account from the iPhone to the Android, you want all your chats, videos, images, and other stuff back.
As of March 2020, there were more than 2 billion monthly active users for WhatsApp.
The Facebook-owned platform has a separate app for business and also offers online payments for contacts.
So, here we are going to discover some ways to do that. We will also discuss some softwares and apps that can help you transfer your WhatsApp chat backup to Android from iPhone.
Method 1: Chat Backup
Your WhatsApp always backs it up for you. You can even set the backup for chats in different periods like weekly, daily, and monthly. It is the same backup that we will use to transfer the data from iPhone to Android.
- 1Open the app on your iPhone and log in
- 2Go to the settings and open the chat setting
- 3Next, select the chat backup option
- 4Select the Backup Data Now option for backing up the data
- 5Now download the app on your Android phone
- 6It is simple and you just need to go to a play store to download and install WhatsApp
- 7As you install WhatsApp and try to log in on the app, there will be a popup asking for restoring the data
- 8Click on the restore and you will have your data fetch from the WhatsApp iCloud
- 9You can store the data on Google drive, local SD card, or even in the internal storage of the phone
- 1Go to the settings on your WhatsApp on the iPhone, then tap on the chat settings option
- 2The next step is to choose the option of email chat from the settings
- 3Now select the WhatsApp history you want to transfer
- 4A window will pop up, asking you to “Export Chat”
- 5Once you click on the same there will be an option for attaching the media to the mail
- 6Based on your requirement, you can add media or go without media
- 7Just type the email address and send the mail
- 8Login to your email account on the Android phone and find all the WhatsApp messages in an email format
Method 3: WazzapMigrator
It is software for data transfer. WazzapMigrator helps the transfer of WhatsApp chats from an iPhone to an Android phone. It allows the data transfer on Windows/Mac with support for both desktop OS.
It is a software that allows the transfer of all the WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, gifs, and even contact information. The best feature about the software is it can help transfer documents and GPS information if you wish to share it on your new Android device. Here are the steps:
- 1Select the Summary, then uncheck the encrypt backup option on the menu. Now you can choose back up now to start the whole process of backing up the data on your iPhone
- 2Now open the WazzapMigrator on your browser then find the iBackup viewer program and download it on your PC
- 3Now install the software and run it. Then select the iOS device and select the raw files section right at the bottom of the menu. When the next screen arrives, you need to click on the free view and then surf a file named-AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp.WhatsApp.shared
- 4Now select the file chatstorage.sqlite
- 5Then select the export option in the same menu
- 6Open the messages folder and select the files that you need
- 7Just click on export and then save the exported file in the same SQL file
- 8Pick up your new Android phone and connect it to the PC
- 9Locate the device storage from the file manager on the desktop
- 10You need to set the desktop to view exported files and drag all the data folder with ChatStorage.sqlite file to the download folder on your Android phone
- 11If you want to view all the files that you have downloaded on your Android phone from the computer, the WazzapMigrator Lite app needs to be downloaded and installed on the device
- 12The app will automatically scan all the files you downloaded and you can access it through the play option in the app
- 13Now you have the data but not in WhatsApp
- 14So, either uninstall the app and reinstall it or if not already installed, carry out the process from scratch
- 15To view all the messages you need to add contacts from your iPhone
3 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android 2020
Method 4: BackupTrans Software
There are some prerequisites before you can use the software. You need to install iTunes12 or higher. Though if you are on the latest version of iOS, iTunes is now Apple music.
You also need a USB debugging option enabled on your Android phone. Also, get the iCloud backup turned off on your iPhone. Now let’s get started with this method.
- 1The first step is to install WhatsApp on your Android phone and attach both the devices(iPhone and Android device) to the computer through a USB cable
- 2As you connect to the Android device a message will appear asking you for backup of the data. Just go on with it and then click ok on the software and the data from the Android device will be archived
- 3Similar to the Android device, it will fetch data from the iPhone on the software and show them with the chat backup from Android
- 4Now you have WhatsApp messages from both devices on the software. So, you can easily transfer the messages
- 5Just find the iPhone in the device list and choose all the WhatsApp messages
- 6If you don't want to go through the hassle of finding your iPhone in the list, you can right-click on the Android device on the software and find the option to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android device
- 7There is another way too, where a user can click on the contact name in the device to transfer the WhatsApp data
- 8If you don't want to find your device and then choose a contact name. Just right click on your contact name and you will get an option for the backup data transfer
- 9We saw how you can opt to transfer the data. but, now you need to choose the Android device you want the data to transfer. Just select the device on the software and click on confirm to start the transition of data
- 10Once the transition is complete, you will be able to see all the chats on your Android phone's WhatsApp
Method 5: iTunes Backup
This method will need you to have iTunes on the phone and a desktop application as well. If you are using the macOS on the PC then you can easily use a Finder on the system for backing up the data from iOS.
Let's start with this method.
- 1We will start with a precaution. Don't back up the data from your iPhone to iCloud, if you are to use this method. Now, start the iPhone Whatsapp transfer to Android device software on your desktop. You can use any software free or paid available in the market.
- 2Next, you need to find the option called local database and with owner click, you can download the entire iTunes backup through the import option. You can also click directly on the file and import all the data.
- 3Once you are done with the import of the backup, choose that file and load them on the software. So, you can see that the software has all the WhatsApp backup messages. Here, the difference is that you don't physically need an iPhone all the time for transfer as iTunes backup does it for you.
- 4The last piece to your puzzle is the Android device. Just plug in the device into your PC, right-click on the local database of software and click on the transfer option to see all your files on the WhatsApp of the phone.