Edited By Piyush Kashyap, Reviewed By Gulshan
Do you remember the last time you sent an SMS? It is unlikely that you will be able to recall. Don’t get surprised, because most of us have faced the same predicament.
Technology is a fast track affair, constantly moving ahead – and the android operating system and an application called Whatsapp have pushed the once indispensable quick messaging help, the short messaging service (SMS), to the sidelines.
Giving your OTPs and banking transactions' details are the only important jobs it keeps performing. There are some not- so important promotional messages too.
Whatsapp: Today's Lifeline
This application has become a part of our lives today. It is practically impossible for all the smartphone users to pass even a few hours without checking
on the Whatsapp messages.
Just imagine there are almost 300 million Whatsapp users in India alone, and this figure is rapidly going up! This puts India right at the top of all Whatsapp using countries. And all this has happened in less than ten years –since the launch of Whatsapp in mid-2010 in India.
It is hardly surprising that many would be happy to have two Whatsapp accounts to meet their regular communication needs, including live video calls.
Double your Benefit
Practically all android smartphones available at present support dual-SIM card slots, which means a user can enjoy the facility of two different numbers on a single device. But using two Whatsapp accounts on a single device is not . Officially, using two accounts is not permitted.
Still, due to latent customer demand for such a usage, several companies started offering a Dual-mode or Dual app feature (also called Clone app), which allows the user to run two different accounts of the same chat app, like Whatsapp.
It is advisable to have both the SIM cards, the numbers of which you have given for creating Whatsapp profiles, in your device; it is possible technically, though, to use the number that is being used on some other device.
But remember that the other phone must be within your easy reach as confirming an OTP is part of the verification process when you are setting up a Whatsapp account.
What is a Clone App?
If you want to run two accounts of Whatsapp on one phone, this is your helping hand. Many Android phones (an operating system developed by Google, which powers a smartphone) come with a feature called the Clone app (also called App twin by some manufacturers).
It is easy to set up two application accounts with this App. Let’s set it up:
- 1Go to Google Play store and search for Whatsapp.
- 2Click on Install.
- 3Wait for the App to get downloaded and installed on your phone.
- 4Click on open - comply with the requirements like verifying your phone number etc.
- 5Whatsapp is installed on your phone.
Most of you would already be familiar with the above procedures and have an active Whatsapp account. Let's set up the second account now.
It is common knowledge that Whatsapp accounts are linked with your phone number and for all purposes, your number is the unique identity of your account. Therefore, you must have a second number for getting a second Whatsapp account.
The following details are meant for android Smartphones having the Clone- app feature installed as part of the manufacturing.
- 1Go to your phone’s Setting
- 2Find Dual app / Clone app / App twin * and tap on it.
- 3A list of applications that can be cloned will appear – choose the App you wish to duplicate (Whatsapp in this case) and click to install.
- 4Wait for the process to be completed.
- 5Move to the home screen and look for the second Whatsapp logo.
- 6Click on Open and configure the App as prompted. You will need to give the second phone number for registering your account with Whatsapp.
- 7Your second account is ready for use from the same smartphone (having your original account.
*Different phone brands may use different nomenclature.
I Can't Find the Clone App
There is nothing to be worried about. Many users may encounter this problem. Some android Smartphones do not come with the Dual app feature. This could be because they have an Android one as the operating system.
(Android one is a software overlay developed by Google for some specific benefits. This system is more secure, streamlined, and bloat-free. The graphical User Interface (GUI) of Android one cannot be altered by the phone manufacturer.)
There are a few apps that may be installed in your android phone, which in turn, will allow you to install dual chat accounts; you can then create copies of your favorite applications.
Parallel Space, Dual space is some of these cloning apps which can be easily sourced from Google play store.
- 1Go to play store, select Parallel space, and download the same.
- 2Once it gets installed, open the App and click on the + icon.
- 3You will see a list of the icons of already installed apps on your phone.
- 4Select Whatsapp from the list and click on to set up the new account.
- 5Your second Whatsapp account is successfully installed!
- 6Finally, go to settings –open up Parallel space and turn on the swipe.
Just a few actions remain before you can be operational with your second account- Send your first message with this account by accessing your contacts through the new account. The App will ask for access permission to be given to parallel space- complete this step by clicking yes.
(If you encounter any issues with access permission, simply go to the app permission menu and allow the parallel space app to read your contacts, you may also duplicate other apps through parallel space.)
The parallel space is a small-sized app of 2MB; you can manage the app data with the Storage manager.
A separate Storage manager is also there to manage the apps running in parallel space.
How to Use 2 Whatsapp in One Phone | Install 2 Whatsapp in One Phone
But What About iPhones?
IOS, (the operating system for i-phones) is a closed-source operating system and does not have too many workarounds or program tweaks. This simply means that for iPhone users, setting up two Whatsapp accounts on a single phone is a little different but not difficult. There are two ways of doing this.
The first involves installing a copy of Whatsapp saved by a different name, which will retain the new App's original functionality being a copy of the existing App. In the second process, using another application that lets you use two Whatsapp accounts on one phone is necessary.
Easy on iPhones Too
- 1Let us assume you already have one Whatsapp account running on your device.
- 2Now open the safari browser and reach ios.othman.tv
- 3Look for whatsapp2 and tap on it and also press the green button to download.
- 4You will be prompted on the screen to install the App. Press ok.
- 5Once the installation is complete, visit settings
- 6Proceed in steps – settings>general>profile> and, finally, trust VNE software
- 7Next involves setting up of whatsapp2 following the prompted protocol.
Your iPhone is now installed with dual Whatsapp and is ready for use.
How to Install Two Whatsapp in One iPhone Without Jailbreak - Dual Whatsapp for iPhone
In the second method, an iOS app called Dual Messenger for Whatsapp chats - will have to be used.
- 1Begin by downloading and installing Dual Messenger for Whatsapp-Chats from the Apple app stores.
- 2You have to scan the QR code that will appear. (You have to use another device to do this)
- 3Next, go to the first Whatsapp account on your device and reach settings.
- 4Click on settings > Whatsapp web > desktop. Then scan the QR code.
The data, including videos, photos, backups, etc. are stored in different locations in your device's internal storage. This fulfills the functionality of the dual accounts.This function facilitates the managing of the dual account data. Users can also redefine storage spaces if they desire. Further, switching between the two different accounts is as simple as clicking on the required icons.
, it becomes clear that what began as a platform to bring you closer to your near and dear ones has now emerged as an essential channel of communication not only social but also business.
Coming days will see several e-commerce companies doing business on the Whatsapp platform.