Edited By Piyush Kashyap, Reviewed By Gulshan
Have a question how to use WhatsApp in laptop/computer or in pc?
WhatsApp has revolutionized the way we send and receive text messages.
With over a billion active users around the world, it is a platform used by people from all walks of life. It is a free application which can be easily downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
It allows users to send and receive text messages through an internet connection. Hopefully, we make sure that you must know how to connect mobile internet to pc?
WhatsApp’s popularity can also be owed to its amazing features whereby, users can send photos, videos and voice notes to their contacts.
All messages are delivered instantly if your friend has an active data or Wi-Fi connection. The app is getting better with time, adding new user-friendly features.
Facebook acquired WhatsApp in 2014 and is trying to discover new avenues for this popular messaging platform. It is being used to connect with people all over the world and in many cases, is changing the way business and transactions are carried out.
A lot of people are using this service to promote their business and services, interacting with prospective clients with ease and even connecting with new members without a hassle.
The WhatsApp groups are particularly useful for sharing thoughts with like minded friends and acquaintances from all over the world. The introduction of voice and video calls on WhatsApp has also contributed largely to its success and growth.
The voice and video calls have taken WhatsApp at par with other popular services such as Skype or Facebook Messenger. It is now being preferred by many to get in touch with near and dear ones around the world.
What’s more? You can also use WhatsApp on your laptop or desktop computer. The company has launched a specialized version of the app for Windows and Mac. It is a real boon for times when we are unable to use our smartphones.
There is no need for a separate account and you can seamlessly use the existing WhatsApp account for conversations from your PC. Here’s how to use WhatsApp on PC.
How to Install WhatsApp on PC without BlueStacks or Youwave
Download WhatsApp for Windows
If you are using a Windows PC, WhatsApp will not be available right away. Therefore you must need to know that how to install Whatsapp on pc windows 7!
There are certain steps that you need to follow before activating the service on your PC. You can easily clear your all concerns related to some queries like: How to open WhatsApp in pc/laptop? How to use WhatsApp web? How to use WhatsApp on pc without qr code? How to use WhatsApp on computer/laptop without phone?
Follow this simple guide and you’ll be on your way to using WhatsApp from your laptop or desktop.
- 1To use WhatsApp from your Windows PC, log in to whatsapp.com/download
- 2A file will be downloaded to your hard drive and you’ll be prompted to run the application. Click on Run to install the application.
- 3After the installation, WhatsApp is ready to be used on your PC.
- 4When you open WhatsApp, you can see a QR code. Open the mobile version of WhatsApp from your smartphone and scan the code.
- 5You need to choose WhatsApp Web option from the settings menu on your phone. Look at the top right corner of your phone screen and you’ll find three small dots. Click on it to view the Settings options. Select WhatsApp Web from the list and it will open up the QR code scanner. With the help of the scanner on your phone, scan the code on your desktop or laptop.
- 6Wait for a few seconds and you’ll find all your WhatsApp conversations on the desktop. Now you are ready to send and receive messages on WhatsApp from your computer. But, make sure that your phone and PC is connected to an active internet connection throughout the process. If both devices are not connected to the internet, messages will fail to deliver.
WhatsApp for Mac computers
Using WhatsApp on Mac computers is also similar to the procedure followed for Windows computers. Here’s an easy to follow, step by step guide for Mac users.
- 1Go to whatsapp.com/download and get the Mac version of WhatsApp on your system.
- 2Go ahead and unzip the downloaded file and move it to the ‘Applications’ folder on your Mac PC.
- 3After opening the downloaded file, the QR code will be visible. Scan the code using your smartphone. You can do this by opening WhatsApp on your phone. Click on the three dots at the right hand corner of your screen and go to Settings. Choose WhatsApp Web and the scanner will open up. Use it to scan the code from your computer.
- 4Next, open WhatsApp on your PC to view all the conversations on your desktop or laptop screen. You can now send and receive messages through the application. Always remember to keep your Mac and iPhone connected to the internet to seamlessly send and receive messages through WhatsApp.
Additional Things to Know
When you log into WhatsApp for web, the interface will be familiar to the one you are using on your phone and it will also support desktop notifications.
If you are using the application on a shared computer, it is wise to switch off notifications for privacy reasons. Click on the settings tab and select Notifications. De-select the Desktop Alerts and Sounds from there and you’ll not receive notifications any more.
On the desktop, starting a conversation is slightly different from what you do on your phone. On your phone, you can start a conversation by clicking on a contact. In case of desktop, there’s a search bar which allows you to find contacts and start the conversation. You can also filter existing chats here.
When you are sending and receiving messages, the interface looks familiar to the one on your phone. It has emoticons and a mic icon at the bottom, along the text entry field. The options to attach files, photos or videos are also available in the web version. The blue ticks that indicate message delivery are also present in this version of WhatsApp.
Through a Third party app
If you need to use two WhatsApp accounts, you can do so with an Android Emulator. The BlueStacks App Player can be downloaded to install WhatsApp on your computer. There are two versions of this app – Normal and Thin. It is better to install Thin BlueStacks App player. But, in order to install this app you need more than 2GB free space in the Installation Drive.
Once you have successfully installed the program, you will find ‘Messaging’ icon. Click on it and select WhatsApp.
How to Install WhatsApp on PC With Bluestacks
It will start downloading on your system. Wait for the file to be downloaded completely and then click on WhatsApp icon to launch the messenger app. When you open WhatsApp on PC, you’ll be asked to click on ‘Agree and Continue’.
When you click on it, you’ll be prompted to enter your phone number with the country code. A verification code will be sent to the mentioned phone number. Enter the code in the designated space and verify your number. If it takes very long to receive the code, make use of the call function to know your verification code.
Finally, you can set up your profile with your name and display picture. You are now ready to understand "How to run whatsapp on pc/laptop". Nowyou can use a WhatsApp account directly from your PC.
Drawbacks of WhatsApp on Web
Before you switch to WhatsApp on Web, there are certain things that you must keep in mind that how to use WhatsApp web? Remember, that the desktop version works only as long as your phone is connected to the internet. So, in the event of a battery failure, the connection from your PC also disappears.
Besides, it is not compatible with all internet browsers and can be used only with Google Chrome. Therefore, any computer that uses internet browsers other than Google Chrome will not be able to support WhatsApp on Web. With the desktop version of WhatsApp, you cannot edit your profile or change status. And the most annoying part may be the inability to delete conversations from the desktop app.
Users cannot create new groups with the desktop app and can only continue chatting with existing contacts. It also does not allow users to create a separate account and basically works as an extension of the mobile app.
WhatsApp web is particularly useful for people who are busy and hardly find time to type on the mini keyboards on their phones. It is quite helpful for typing long messages and also offers the convenience of chatting on a big screen.
You can now complete tasks and coordinate with your teammates easily through WhatsApp Web. It takes half the time to type out a long message and provides the same convenience that WhatsApp is known for.
Since WhatsApp is equipped to send files, photos and videos, it can be easily used for sharing content from your computer. It is also particularly beneficial if you have to share big multimedia files. Instead of taking up plenty of space in your phone, the files can now be stored in your computer and it can be a great boon for all kinds of users.
It is a user-friendly app and offers a lot of convenience to users. If you still haven’t given WhatsApp Web a chance, now is the time to try because it’s free and easy to use. Download WhatsApp on your computer and enjoy the experience.