Stickers are a fun and creative way of expressing thoughts and emotions on social media. Various instant messaging apps have loads of amazing stickers with a variety of expressions.
WhatsApp, too, has a range of downloadable options. However, it also allows for uploading self-made stickers. They provide sample apps and code for Android and iOS on their website.
You can easily drop your sticker art and build it in the app with minimum effort. If you are an expert, you can go for rich effects and art as well.
There are some requirements though for custom stickers like they should have a transparent background with limited dimensions.
There are some amazing apps that have been developed for the exact purpose of creating and uploading stickers on WhatsApp.
These apps automatically transform your art according to the guidelines of WhatsApp into the exact dimensions. The latest 2.18 version of WhatsApp features the stickers right beside the emoji section.
Your custom stickers will also be available in this section. You can also keep your sticker packs public so that others can use them as well.
How to Use Stickers - WhatsApp FAQ
The Sticker Maker app can be downloaded on Android.
- 1Download and install it from PlayStore.
- 2Click on “Create a new sticker pack”.
- 3You can name the pack and add an author name, which will allow you to take credit for your art.
- 4Tap on any of the 30 tiles you see on screen. You have the option to take a photo on the spot or choose any of the files from your gallery. You will have to allow access to the app to use them initially.
- 5Once you choose your picture or click it, you have to cut it out into a shape that conveniently highlights the expression of the art. The best method is freehand, where you can manually draw the shape around the face or object of your photo and crop it out. Otherwise, you can also select a square or circle.
- 6After cropping, “Save” it, and the next option is to add text. You can use various fonts and colours as per your art and expression.
- 7When you have a minimum of three stickers, you can add them into a pack and tap on “Add to WhatsApp”. You will observe a confirmation notification.
- 8Open WhatsApp and go to the Stickers section, and you will find your latest pack. You can also delete them by going to the three dots icon and selecting the “Delete” option.
The Bazaart app has been made for the iPhone. It’s a free app, but a monthly subscription fee can unlock a lot of extra features.
- 1Download the app and install it. Tap on either “Start New” or “Open Photo”.
- 2Use the app’s multiple tools to create your sticker. Cut them into shapes, add dialogue boxes, and a variety of features using Bazaart’s on-screen tools.
- 3Once your sticker is created, tap on the “Share” icon and choose “WhatsApp”.
- 4You can choose to add your name if you want to take credit for the art. Next, tap on “Add on WhatsApp”.
- 5Your sticker pack will now be featured on WhatsApp’s sticker section with your title.
- 6Through Bazaart, you can also update your sticker pack by adding more stickers or deleting any of them.
Any background eraser app can also be used to create stickers for WhatsApp. Go to Google Play Store and download what seems the best for you.
- 1For example, we install the Background Eraser app here.
- 2Open any image which you want to convert into a sticker.
- 3Erase the background and crop the image as per your wish.
- 4Make sure to save the image only in PNG format, which is supported by WhatsApp.
- 5Create at least three images since that is the minimum requirement for a pack to be uploaded.
Personal Stickers for WhatsApp
This app can be used along with the Background Eraser to use the stickers you have created.
- 1Download the app called “Personal Stickers of WhatsApp”.
- 2This app can automatically detect all the stickers on your phone, which have been created.
- 3The stickers will appear on the screen, and you can tap on “Add” which is located beside the sticker.
- 4Tap on “Add” in another confirmation box.
- 5This will add the stickers to your WhatsApp Stickers section. Select the stickers you have added. Tapping on any of it will send it to your chat.