Looking for the Best Soap For Men in India?
Great! You have come to the right place as we bring forth a list of the leading names that are ruling this industry since the past few years. The key to a good day is a good start to it.
Considering the hectic lives and chaotic schedules that people lead today. It is very important to be charged up and energetic the whole day to survive and overcome all kinds of circumstances.
Apart from exercising at gym, a refreshing bath which is your everyday morning ritual, plays an important role in how the rest of the day looks like to be.
When we talk of a rejuvenating bathing experience, we know how important a bathing bar is. A bathing experience should serve a full purpose of rejuvenation, cleansing and refreshment.
Today, there are a variety of soaps available in the market. We have come up with the ten best soap for male in India.
For a descriptive Buyers guide, you can refer at the end of this article, where all the important factors to be considered before buying, are discussed in detail. Moreover, here are the few things that you should keep in mind before you buy a soap for yourself:
- 1Hard soap bar: There are two types of soap bars available in the market, hard and soft. While soft ones dissolve quicker, hard ones stay for a longer time and you can use them for almost 4 to 6 weeks, even if you use a lot of water and make rich lather out of it. So, we recommend you to buy hard soap bars rather than softer ones.
- 2Lather: Lather or foam helps in the cleansing process as it takes out dirt easily. Therefore, more the lather, more the cleaning. So always buy soap which forms good lather or foam. For that, if you buy soap online, you can read reviews. If you are making a purchase at a store, ask the shopkeeper to guide you on the best bathing soap for mens in India.
- 3Check the ingredients: Always keep a check on the ingredients before you buy soap. It is always recommended to use bathing bars which are paraben and sulfate-free, as they are harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin. Also, if you like, go for organic soaps. Although they are on the pricier side and come with a small shelf life, they are good for your skin.
- 4Fragrance: You obviously want to come out feeling fresh and charged up, after you take a bath. And a pleasant fragrance plays a vital role in this. Always go for a soap that has a good fragrance and leaves you smelling good. You can choose from a wide range of fragrances like citrus, flowery, among others, according to your needs.
- 5Skin type: Always choose a soap that is according to your skin type. If you have oily skin, go for a soap that is gentle on your skin and will extract extra oil. Similarly, there are different soaps for dry skin and other skin types.
We Highly recommend you to read the Men's Soap Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about the latest men's soap trends and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Let's explore the list and have a look at the features along with the pros and cons of the Top 10 Best Soap for Men in India.
Top 10 Best Soap for Men in India (2022)
Although my favorite among all is Dove Cream Beauty Bathing Bar but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
1. Dove Cream Beauty Bathing Bar
Dove leads at the top of the charts when it comes to skincare and personal grooming.
Recommended by dermatologists, Dove offers products that leave you happy and refreshed.
The company’s bathing bar is super soft on the skin and makes it shinier and glows as it cleanses.
Dove bathing bar gently softens the skin with it's added moisturizers. The soap helps the skin retain its natural moisture making it gentle and smooth.
One of the key ingredient of this soap used for the exceptional mildness is Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate.
If your face skin has got matured than we recommend this soap to you as it is the best soap in India for mens. It can be used by men and women and has a shelf life of 30 months which is comparatively higher than other available bathing bars.
Related Post: Top 10 Best Soaps for Dry Skin in India
2. Pears Soft and Fresh Bathing Bar
The bathing bar produced by a leader in the industry comes with a minty fragrance that keeps your skin soft and fresh.
Apt for use in summers, the soap also keeps the skin moisturized and young, along with preventing from getting tanned, as it comes with 98% of Pure Glycerine in it.
Also loaded with mint extracts, the soap keeps your skin beautiful by retaining its natural moisture.
Pears is the country’s first transparent soap bar and has been one of the best soap for men's skin in India, for the goodness and quality it provides.
3. Cinthol Lime Bath Soap
Lime has always been a fragrance, and always been loved and associated with a revitalizing bathing experience.
This refreshing deo soap comes loaded with the scent of lime that refreshes your mind and soul which stays the whole day.
Suited for all skin types, the soap helps to heal the skin and protects from tanning as well.
Industry experts claims that, Cinthol lime bath soap is one of the best soap for men and women, which offers the freshness of lime makes it apt for all the skin types and age groups.
The cool soap comes with a shelf life of 24 months.
4. Park Avenue Luxury Fragrant Soap
This premium fragrant soap falls in the Grade 1 category and comes loaded with the goodness of Glycerine, coconut oil, and shea butter.
The soap not just refreshes you but also keeps your skin hydrated; due to skin conditioners; fresh and odor-free, all day long.
This pack with strong woody fragrance is the typical masculine scent that leaves a strong impact.
The soap has a healing effect that keeps your skin soft and smooth.
Reviews and ratings states that, Park Avenue Soap is the best soap for male in India, as it provides a luxurious feeling at an affordable price.
The bathing bar, coming from a trusted brand, results in a refreshing and beneficial cleansing experience.
The Park Avenue Luxury Fragrant Soap, peps your mood and makes you ready to kick start the day with energy.
5. Beardo Activated Charcoal Brick Soap
Activated charcoal is known to be a superb skin exfoliator which takes out all the germs and cleanses the pores, making the skin feel fresh and refreshed.
This bathing bar does the same as it comes loaded with activated charcoal, along with other key ingredients like coconut oil, castor oil, sugar, aloe-vera, cedarwood oil, patchouli oil.
The presence of all these essential oils makes your skin soft and shinier leaving a cooling effect.
The Beardo Soap is one of the best soap for men's fairness in Indian market and it has managed to remain on top of it's game for many years now.
While aloe vera is a natural skin conditioner, patchouli oil is an excellent moisturizer and fights all kinds of infections with a healing effect.
6. Soulflower Apple And Mangosteen Handmade Soap
This soap is a naturally cold-pressed product and hence keeps the goodness of its ingredients intact.
The Soulflower Apple and Mangosteen soap is one of a kind with magical effects and produced by extracting the fatty portion of the key ingredients without using heat.
The process of cold-pressing, keeps the nutrients unprocessed and natural.
The handmade soap is loaded with required vitamins and essential fatty acids which are good for healthy, soft and refreshing skin.
Soulflower has anti-ageing effects as well, because of its chemical-free and 100% vegan ingredients.
This chemical-free product is apt for all skin types and can be used by both men and women.
7. Bombay Shaving Company Charcoal Deep Cleansing Bath Soap
This soap is best suitable for men who are always on the go. The hand-made product helps in deep cleansing as the activated charcoal present in it cleanses. The pores by absorbing dirt, pollution and excessive oil from the skin, making it look fresh and soft. If you are facing sunburn problem than this is the best soap for male in India because of it's 100% natural ingredients.
The other ingredients of the soap are coffee granules and shea butter that acts as a natural conditioner for the skin. The fragrance lasts for the day making you feel fresh all day long. It also helps in sunburns as it has the goodness of essential oils in it.
8. Ustraa Ammunition Cologne Soap With Charcoal And Bay Leaf
This is another soap that is made of activated charcoal that helps in extensive and deep cleaning.
This soap removes all the dirt and excess oils that are present in the skin due to excessive exposure to sun and pollution.
The anti-bacterial soap produces rich and intense foam, due to the presence of imported palm and coconut.
That helps in cleansing the body and leaves it fresh and soft all day long. The soap is paraben and sulfate-free making it safe for everyday use.
The Hazel and Bay leaf extract acts as natural conditioners and gives a long-lasting fragrance to the bathing bar. Our editor considers this soap as one of the best soap for men's face in India.
9. Medimix Ayurvedic Natural Glycerine Bathing Bar
Maedimix is known for making products with natural ingredients that have medicinal properties and work wonders for the skin.
This bathing bar is made of 18 herbs, natural glycerine, sandal and turmeric which makes your skin feel fresh, clean and infection-free.
It also ha Lakshadi Oil, which is Ayurvedic and has therapeutic and curative properties.
It also fights aging making your skin look fresh and supple. The glycerin present in the bar acts as a natural moisturizer.
The soap loaded with natural and medicinal properties is safe for everyday use. Medimix is at its place among the top market players, providing the most popular and best soap for men in India.
10. Wild Stone Bathing Soaps For Men
The wild stone is one of the best soap brands in India, which not just cleanses the body but leaves a long-lasting impact full fragrance.
Wild Stone is known for exclusive and classy fragrances that are designed and produced by popular perfumeries.
The enticing and stay-long smell in your body keeps you refreshed and on the go.
The rich and intense lather takes away all the dirt and excessive oils from the skin and the natural moisturizer makes it soft and supple.
This is one of the best bathing soap in India, suitable for all skin types and is safe for everyday use which is why it one of the Indian bath soap brands list.
Buyer's Guide: How to Purchase Soaps for Men
What’s the perfect way to use your soap?
Using soap and cleaning your body seems to be the easiest task in the world. However, it might seem to be easy, but it is indeed one of the most important tasks as it is about personal hygiene that keeps various infections and diseases at bay.
What is the Best Soap Bars for Men?
Therefore, there is a proper way to bathe yourself. Here are a few steps that you should follow during the process to use soap.
- 1Rinse properly: The first and foremost part of the bathing process is rinsing the body. When you rinse your body properly then only a rich lather is formed when you use your soap. The more the lather, the better the cleansing process. So, if you want to put your soap to best use, make sure to rinse your body nicely, first.
- 2Take care with face: While you apply soap rigorously on the entire body, you need to take special care when it comes to the face. Best bath soap for men, are made of cleansing agents that are not meant to be entered into the eyes, as they cause irritation. They are neither meant to be swallowed, which can also cause discomfort. So be extra careful while using soaps on the face. The same case applies to organic soaps as well.
- 3Rinse off: While you have applied a generous amount of soap on your body and formed a rich lather, do not hesitate to use the needed amount of water to rinse it off properly. If not washed off completely, the residual of soap matters can have an adverse effect on the skin.
- 4Moisturise: If the soap is used in excessive amounts, it can lead to dryness. So go for the best bathing soap in India, that already have moisturizers. Also, never forget to apply and nourish your skin with a good moisturizer.
3 things soaps should be free of:
Whenever you buy the best bathing soap for mens in India, make sure they are free of the following 3 things:
- 1Anti-bacterial agent-free: Never buy an antibacterial soap. The Food and Drug Association has banned the use of triclosan, a common antibacterial agent in soaps. The use of triclosan has been in the news for the wrong reasons for a long time as it is believed that it changes the way hormones work in the human body and thus can act as a potential carcinogen. Further research also shows that antibacterial soaps make the body resistant to antibiotics which are required in the medication of certain ailments.
- 2Sulfate-free: Sulfates are commonly used in soaps as they are the detergents that form rich, creamy lather in soaps. While the lather and foam look good, but in reality, these Sulfates are very harsh and can remove essential and natural oils from the skin, when put to use. This, in turn, causes skin inflammation, irritation, dryness, patches, and an unbalanced pH level.
- 3Cruelty-free: Unfortunately, most soap brands test their products on animals. Even the organic soaps are first used on animals for testing. Although the choice is totally yours, if animal rights and fighting for it is your thing, check for Leaping Bunny symbol on the soap that ensures it is cruelty-free.
Different types of soaps available in the market:
- 1Conventional soaps: These are the best bath soap for daily use that have more detergent (petroleum-based products, like gasoline and kerosene), besides other chemicals like sodium tallowate, BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene), synthetic fragrances, artificial colors, salts, and other preservatives. They are highly alkaline, hard and cheap.
- 2Handmade soaps: These bars are made of vegetable-based oils like olive, coconut, and palm, with higher glycerine quantity that keeps the skin healthy. These chemical-free bathing bars have in them essential oils and herbs that nourish the skin. Although they might not look as fancy as other conventional soaps or smell good like them, handmade bars are far better for the skin.
- 3Artisanal soaps: These are made when makers include food-grade or organic ingredients like extra oils, butter, clays, goat milk, among others, in soaps for a product that turns out to be luxurious and healthy for the skin.
- 4Vegan soaps: As the name suggests, these soaps are free of any kind of animal fat and primarily consist of coconut, palm or olive oils. These soaps are very good for sensitive skin.
- 5Castile soap: As the name refers, these are the best bathing soap for fairness, made up of olive oil obtained from the Castile region of Spain. These luxurious bars are known for their rich and creamy lather.
- 6Glycerine soaps: These bars are high in glycerine content and are thus very good for dry and delicate skin. They act as great moisturizers. They are slightly on the pricier side but are very good for the skin. The glycerine in conventional soaps is found in a very less amount due to cost factors.
In the end, we will leave you with interesting information about soaps, that can blow your mind:
- 1Soaps date back to as old as Biblical times. This has been proven when a soap-like thing that was found in clay cylinders when the excavation of ancient Babylon was done. This proves the fact that the process of soapmaking began as early as 2800 BC.
- 2You might think that hand-made soaps are very costly. But do you know that’s nothing that you are paying? The costliest soap sold today is priced at $ 2800! Yes, you read that right! The soap bar, made by a family that runs a business in Lebanon, comes with gold and diamond injected in it and hence the whopping price!
- 3Soap might not sound to be a very vital thing in the house but considering you can’t do without it, the soap making industry is flourishing like anything. The revenue generated by the soap making industry in 2010 was around $ 50.75 billion!
- 4William Colgate’s company that started its operations way back in 1806, is the first major soap producer in the US. The company made a mark by producing perfume soaps in 1866 and came up with Cashmere Bouquet in 1872. The soap is still made and sold today.
- 5Fat is a major ingredient in all soaps today. Soap producers use fat that is processed into fatty acids. The fat in the soap helps in removing impurities. Vegetable fats like olive oil, palm oil or coconut oil, are used in the soap making process.
One may opt for depending on the budget, skin type, working environment, seasons etc. as well. We have listed below some of the key considerations, which in our view, could be useful for you in making that choice:
What’s your skin type?
While a lot of products are good for all skin types, some products are suited for dry skin or oily skin and contain ingredients accordingly. Skin also changes according to seasons like oily in summer and dry in winter. Know your skin type and choose accordingly.
While rare, there could be a possibility that your skin is allergic to any particular substance. Before buying, ensure that your choice does not contain the same.
What is your working environment?
Where your skin is exposed to dust and pollution for longer duration, one may need deeper cleansing agents or exfoliators in their soap, rather than mild versions. Choose wisely. Now you can easily choose the best bathing soap for men in India, as per your skin & budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which body soap is best in India?
The choices for the best body soap in India are Park Avenue Luxury Fragrant Soap, Pears Soft & Fresh Bathing Bar, and Beardo Activated Charcoal Brick Soap. These body soaps offer nice fragrance, hydration, and skin moisturization.These are enriched with essential oils, and deeply-cleanse pores. Also these are quality-driven yet affordable body soaps. The consistent market demand has made these favourite amidst buyers.
2. Can I wash my face with just water?
Using just water to wash the face, of course, helps to hydrate the skin. It results in fewer wrinkles and fine lines. But water alone cannot wash makeup, dirt, and dust from the skin surface. A good soap helps remove dust & dirt, cleanse the pores, moisturize the skin, and add to the glow. For dry and oily skin, it is important to select suitable soap to balance the skin texture.
3. Can I use Dove soap on my face?
Face soap needs to be mild. The Dove Beauty Bar offers loads of moisture to your skin and reviews suggest one can use it for the face. But the best way is to select the soap depending on the skin type. For oily skin, it is better to avoid moisturizer-rich soap. For dry or normal skin, it may work. But, the trial is always important prior to routine use.
4. How can I cleanse my face naturally?
For natural cleansing of the skin, it is crucial to select products that offer a scrubbing ingredient, cleansing features, and skin hydration. You can try using sugar for gentle scrubbing and washing your face with water. Also, you can use sugar with lemon. It works wonders and deep-cleanses the face. You can use turmeric, milk, cucumber, curd, honey, and chickpea powder as natural cleansers too.
5. How can I exfoliate my face at home?
Charcoal acts as a great exfoliating agent. You can use the Beardo Activated Charcoal Brick Soap. Also, you can use a combination of brown sugar with olive oil. Activated charcoal delivers the best results. Prepare an exfoliating mask with a face pack of your choice; you can use clay too. Add activated charcoal and honey to it. Apply on your face, let it dry and wash with normal water.
6. How can I clear my face?
Cleaning the face is not about washing with water only. For clear skin, the face should be free of dirt, dust, and dead skin. Using mild soap is a good option to cleanse your face. Select quality soap, form lather, rub hands in soft round motion on your face, and wash with the water. Pick the soap that is good for your skin type.
7. How can I get fair skin in 2 days?
Soaps help remove dead skin from the face. This makes your face look fresh and full of glow. Also, reviews suggest that soaps like, Cinthol Lime Bath Soap help prevent tanning of the skin. You can see the specifications, whether it serves the purpose of taking care of your skin or not. Also, oatmeal & honey, milk & banana, and sugar & lemon combinations in routine use can give you desired results.
8. Can I use Dettol soap on my face?
The skin of the face is very sensitive. Use of harsh soaps is not advisable. Dettol is an antibacterial soap that makes the skin dry. It is good to use this as shower soap. If you are dealing with acne, then you should consult a skin specialist. Consider taking suggestions on the use of Dettol soap on the face whether it’s fit for your skin or not.
9. How can I look attractive?
Looking attractive is more about feeling good and having confidence. Having glowing skin and an impressive body language makes one feel beautiful. Make sure to take good care of your skin. Use suitable soaps to clean your body and face. Keep your face hydrated, clean, and moisturized. Using these simple tricks, you can make your natural look even more attractive.
10.Which soap is best for men?
Men's skin needs soaps that are in-particular designed for their skin type. As per the market trend, soaps popular amongst men are Park Avenue Luxury Fragrant Soap, Dove Cream Beauty Bathing Bar, Beardo Activated Charcoal Brick Soap, Cinthol Lime Bath Soap, and Wild Stone Bathing Soaps for Men. Park Avenue Luxury Fragrant Soap is topping the demand as per the recent market findings.
Here is the List of Top 10 Best Soaps for Men in India